In this position I was responsible for the integration of new projects, the planning of the electronic assembly processes (SMD assembly and subsequent processes) and for the continuous improvement of the manufacturing processes in the plant. I was in charge of 10 engineers and 1 technician.
My main responsibilities were:
- Integration of new production lines, fulfilling the timing and budgeted targets.
- Integration of new manufacturing technologies.
- Planning of the production capacities for the following years.
- Quotation of new potential projects (manufacturing cost and investments).
- Annual budget planning for new projects.
- Periodic verification of the budget plan against the strategic business plan.
- Interchange of know-how about new manufacturing and development standards between Kostal Mexico and the rest of the Kostal group.
In 2008 I initiated and drove a project to reduce the cycle time of the end of line testers in the series production areas. My goal was a cycle time reduction of 10% and I accomplished an average reduction of 15%.
I developed several macro based Excel tools to reduce the work load of the planning engineers. Most of them reduced the administrative time for frequently repeated tasks by more than 90%. For instance I reduced the time for the capacity planning of standard production equipment, against the sales forecast, from 3 engineer days to 1 hour.
By optimizing the processes during the planning and set up phase for new production lines, I reduced the average duration for this phase from 1 - 1.5 years to 6 - 8 month without increasing the headcount.
Due to my technical and leadership skills as well as my target-oriented work style, I was nominated several times over the last years as the overall project coordinator for strategically all-important projects. In this function I am responsible for the coordination of all activities in all involved areas such as production, product design, sales, quality assurance, purchasing and logistics.