Jan 2012 - Present
Apr 2000 - Dec 2011
Process Development Manager
In this position I was responsible for the integration of new projects, the planning of the electronic assembly processes (SMD assembly and subsequent processes) and for the continuous improvement of the manufacturing processes in the plant. I was in charge of 10 engineers and 1 technician.
My main responsibilities were:
- Integration of new production lines, fulfilling the timing and budgeted targets.
- Integration of new manufacturing technologies.
- Planning of the production capacities for the following years.
- Quotation of new potential projects (manufacturing cost and investments).
- Annual budget planning for new projects.
- Periodic verification of the budget plan against the strategic business plan.
- Interchange of know-how about new manufacturing and development standards between Kostal Mexico and the rest of the Kostal group.
In 2008 I initiated and drove a project to reduce the cycle time of the end of line testers in the series production areas. My goal was a cycle time reduction of 10% and I accomplished an average reduction of 15%.
I developed several macro based Excel tools to reduce the work load of the planning engineers. Most of them reduced the administrative time for frequently repeated tasks by more than 90%. For instance I reduced the time for the capacity planning of standard production equipment, against the sales forecast, from 3 engineer days to 1 hour.
By optimizing the processes during the planning and set up phase for new production lines, I reduced the average duration for this phase from 1 - 1.5 years to 6 - 8 month without increasing the headcount.
Due to my technical and leadership skills as well as my target-oriented work style, I was nominated several times over the last years as the overall project coordinator for strategically all-important projects. In this function I am responsible for the coordination of all activities in all involved areas such as production, product design, sales, quality assurance, purchasing and logistics.
Dec 1997 - Mar 2000
Project and Process Engineer
As a project and process engineer I was responsible for the planning and integration of new projects as well as for the optimization of the assembly lines in series production regarding productivity, quality and ergonomics.
My core activities in this position have been:
- Elaboration and maintenance of all project and process related documentation such as project timing plans, process flow charts, lay outs, P-FMEA, work instructions, visual aids etc.
- Cost-benefit calculations.
- Production cost calculations.
- Manufacturing feasibility analysis of new design concepts.
- Planning and realization of assembly line transfers from Germany and Spain to Mexico.
- Integration of assembly and test equipment.
- Initial statistic process control studies for assembly equipment.
- Capacity calculations for production equipment.
- Process time studies and assembly line balancing
- Training of production personnel.
- Support in multidisciplinary teams for 8 D, statistic process control (SPC), analysis of defective products and different teams of continuous improvement.
Mar 1993 - Oct 1997
Engineer (Dipl. Ing.)
From 03/1997 to 10/1997 I worked in Volkswagen Mexico as a trainee. During this time I prepared my diploma thesis about process improvements in the aluminum die casting area.
A german engineer with 12+ years of experience in Mexico, working in the international automotive business, used to working in an international and multicultural environment, coming from an automotive design oriented career and developed to an recognized expert for the assembly of mechatronic and electronic products, eagerly focused on process and cost optimizations.
Searching for an opportunity to apply and to expand the professional skills in a company in the automotive or similar industry with an international foot print. Interested in making new cultural experiences in North, Central or South America, Western Europe or Asia.
Spanish: Business fluent
English: Business fluent
Leadership and effective leadership.
Design of experiments
Global 8 D
REFA & MTM
MS Office (advanced)
Planning and control of production
ISO 9001 & ISO/TS-16949
Implementation of competencies