- Full scale management experience in technology and manufacture industry.
- Proven leadership in dynamic business environment, major business pattern and company development stages.
- Robust capabilities in business modeling, strategy development, sales & marketing, financial and human capital management, change and organization development, process and operation excellence and continuous improvement.
- Global scope forward thinking, rich exposure in (global) culture and demography issues.
- Balanced keel approach of vision, innovation, behavior, entrepreneurship with fact, data, process, result, best practice.
Jul 2007 - Jan 2009
Senior Sales Department Manager
- Changed the China business horizon and company profile from as vanilla fab automation solution provider to being competitive leader in equipment platform, critical components and service business. Developed and executed holistic rebuilding projects and organization development initiatives, managed the follow through of change journey and put in fully-structured infrastructure base of leadership nurturing, talent pipeline and performance alignment.
- Led the taskforce groups to develop strategic operation model, evaluate business case per Wuxi company acquisition and smoothed the collaboration, work process and communication line between company and customer, between China and corporate business units and function silos.
- Managed the regional revenue, business strategy and field force in growing and challenging environment.
Nov 2002 - Jul 2007
Manager, China Operations
- Took entrepreneur leadership to manage China company and grew the operation from green-field start up to a fine-developed business unit with full responsibility of profit & loss, financial independence, business development, operation excellence, sustainable human capital investment, and contribution to corporate global business strategy and global value chain deployment. Led the merge transition and integration of Brooks and Helix into one organization.
- Championed the vision, roadmap and strategy towards the full-scale operation. Designed company structure, process, policy, business-finance-manpower model, factory pattern, operation dashboard, KPI, performance goal system, internal-control, business approach and tactics, behavior guideline, etc. Run the company with significant market success, financial return, profit and cash flow soundness, great developing speed, customer loyalty and ever high employee morale.
- Leveled up overall company scale and capabilities as evolving in growth from scratch, in line with key success factors advancement, specifically,
- Raised the company profile from sales and service office to a highlighted Asian center.
- Captured market leadership position from fresh entrant to China semiconductor sector to major player in semiconductor, high-tech manufacture, electronics, analytics & research and industry market verticals.
- Extended geographic presence from Shanghai-based to satellite remote offices and service depots in major cities.
- Enriched customer experience from high quality technology product with quick action response to full involvement in customer productivity and bottom-line requirement in product life cycle by proactive JIT service model, new technology introduction, total care program, and customized application offers.
- Developed manufacture capability from basic assembly line to compact production site of cryopump, compressor, electronics and firmware programming, with local engineering and supply chain contents. Leapfrogged process and quality assurance from zero-defect ISO/QMS compliance approach to engineering and product life program system.
- Evolved company process driver, workflow and operating control system from factory-floor focused, low product mix, lean KANBAN cascade model supported by visual, paper, spreadsheet and light data application to supply chain covered, complicated-mix multi-flow model, Peoplesoft ERP based management platform and data-based approach in operation continuous improvement.
- Enhanced the activities of finance department from accounting practice, procedure audit, budgeting control, SOX-compliance to financial-business planning and risk analysis, management accounting information formulation, and advice in strategic and operational business issues.
- Transferred human management focus from recruitment, retention, deployment, competency model to business-led, role-exposure-based learning and experience system, talent engagement, knowledge and profession migration, coaching development for high performers and high potentials, and ensured teamwork, networked and community culture in place.
Nov 2001 - Nov 2002
Sales & Liaison Manager
- Reported to division director in German and represented German factory in China and adjacent countries with primarily responsibility to implement customized design strategy for mobile phone connectors. Setup, trained and led the sales and application design team with product marketing and design-in approach for global and local accounts. Led the interactive early-stage gate reviewing and screening program of customized product development for commercial return, spec definition and economic study, driven for quick cycle time and priority planning in stages of formal development, release and production with German product, engineering, and manufacture team.
- Doubled the China revenue to 20 million Euro level in mobile phone market, with additional stream from distributors for industry connector and smart-card reader business in East Asia.
Aug 1998 - Nov 2001
Area Sales Manager
- Reported to China Director & Sales Director of Asia Pacific, responsible for the sales & marketing activities of east China. Built relationship with key customers and stakeholders, i.e., City Authorities, City Bus companies and bus manufactures. Achieved annual revenue growth to over 5 million US dollar from initial 1.5 million by continuous fortifying and marketing the competitiveness in company creditability, product performance & reliability, application adaptability and service support, obtained leadership position in market share and high premium of brand value.
- Developed dispersed sales & service dealers as extension and interface for closer daily connection to customer. Ensured the success and win-win partnership in place for dealers. Provided guideline and experience to help dealers in development of facility layout, service workflow and procedure setting up, spare parts and service level optimization, skills training, and business capturing.
Jul 1997 - Aug 1998
- Provided application support for transportation air-conditioners & refrigeration equipments. Managed service team & spare parts for several product lines. Helped factory production and material department for process standardization and MRP system introduction.
Chartered Certified Accountants
Jan 2000 - Jan 2002
Sep 1993 - Jul 1997
Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering