Seeking to align myself with a company position for strong growth that would utilize my entrepreneur attributes and provides opportunity for professional growth.
My professional skill set is diverse because of the assorted assignments I've been asked to tackle for former employers.Below are discipline areas I excel in:
- Project Management
- Business Development
- Sales Presentations
- Public Speaking
- Event Leadership
- Budgeting & Forecasting
- P & L Management
- Feasibility Studies
- Writing Business Plans
- Strategic Business Research and Analysis
- Best Practice Identification, Quantification and Transfer
- Knowledge Management / Enterprise 2.0 Strategy and Implementation
- Web Site Design (Intermediate Level)
- Technology Integration (automating workflow)
I've been told one of my biggest attributes is my ability to complete projects effectively with very little direction. I always try to develop a keen sense for the big picture of an assignment which allows me to develop clear steps to get the job done right. I think this quality is something that would make me a standout candidate.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Multi tasked and goal oriented
- Self Starter
- Enthusiasm and commitment
- Connect with customers and anticipate their needs
- Strong work ethic with drive and determination
- Great Team Builder!
Jul 2003 - Nov 2009
Lifestyle Director/Club Manager
During the past decade, my work at WTS International has been extensively involved in the successful planning, implementation, and promotion of a wide variety of recreation programming and leisure activities for both adults and children.Most recently, in my roll as a Club Manager, I successfully oversaw the grand opening of the 27,000 square foot Valencia Lakes Recreation Center & Spa.The Client, GL Homes, accredited me for opening the club under budget and a month early.As a Club Manager my overall responsibility was to ensure that the club was operated as an efficient and profitable business. This involved organizing and promoting new leisure and entertainment events, developing the club's marketing strategy, managing the club's membership, including attracting new clients and retaining existing club members.
- Received numerous internal awards from WTS for Leadership, Programming, and Sales.
- In 2008 - 2009 I was asked to serve on the company’s National Technology Task Force.In this role, I was involved directly with the selection, development, and implementation of a new point-of-sale/ club management software system.
- Wrote and conducted workshops for, the state-funded Florida Coordinated Child Care (CCC) Agency, the National Parks & Recreation Association, and many of the company’s Regional Managers meetings.
2002 - 2003
Advertising Account Executive
An independent media company with offices in the UK and the U.S., Faircount’s main activity centers around the fulfillment of niche print based publishing requirements for government and commercial clients and continues to expand its portfolio of b2b and consumer titles.I closed over $300,000 in advertising sales before I left the company.The two publications I worked on were titled The Rolls Royce 2003 Desk Dairy- 100th Anniversary of Rolls, and The U.S. Department of Commerce: A Century of Service Royce.
- I ranked fourth out of 45 sales team members in our U.S. office.
2001 - 2002
Guest Activities/Event Manager
Responsible for the direction of policies, procedures, plans and programs governing all aspects of the Recreation Department of this Arnold Palmer golf and tennis resort and spa near Tampa, Florida.In addition I sold on-and-off property conference recreation programs and worked closely with corporate meeting planners, group contacts, their clients, and guests to create innovative sessions that fit their needs.I also oversaw the department budget and payroll while keeping the resort inline with current trends within the commercial recreation field and maintaining ongoing investigation of service vendors in relation to quality, value, price, and service.
1999 - 2001
Recreation Supervisor- Teen Programs
Advanced from Recreation Leader to Supervisor of Teen Programs at Gladden Park Recreation Center. My job was to create recreational opportunities for all teens in any community through their experience in effective decision-making, social competencies, and community values, while maintaining their positive self-identity. Responsibilities included program planning for after school and summer programs; overseeing program staff; and organizing special events in order to maintain an exciting environment for teenagers to come to every day.
1997 - 1999
Advanced from customer service representative to rotating branch manager for various locations of this rental car company (now a U-Save Auto Rental). While employed, I increased revenue by initiating and implementing incentive plans to successfully recruit such accounts as the City of St. Petersburg and the Tampa Bay Devil Rays major league baseball team.