Senior IT Specialist
Nanyang Technological University
- Performing system analysis on business needs & requirements.
- Translating business needs into technical and system specification.
- Designing, developing and maintaining of enterprise business systems.
- Conducting unit tests, integration tests and user acceptance tests with end-users.
- Performing issue tracking, escalation and resolution.
- Aliasing with vendors for impact analysis of change requests and resolution of issues pertaining toProduction problems.
- Addressing & tracking requests for system enhancements, improvements from end-users/customer.
- Providing technical recommendation, advice and training to end users.
- OO and event-driven developments for in-house users.
- Monitoring of production tasks and investigation of issues.
Systems under current portfolio
- Graduate Research Admission System The process of selecting suitable candidates for post graduate programmes is a tedious effort of collating student's inputs from the existing Post Graduate Admission System. Officers from GSO (Graduate Student Office) will have to download, print and file each application details, attachments and other related items systematically. Representatives from each college will then take turns to review each application. Feedbacks will be painstakingly noted down from each level of reviews, namely, but not limited to, Associate Chair Research, Evaluation Committee members, Faculty staff and so on. The complex manual workflow and responses is time consuming, cumbersome and not productive in relation to the cost per manpower. Thus the idea of having an online workflow system that can track multiple applications, storing of feedbacks from each parties, centralization of applicant's documents and so on offloads a lot of issues that were faced in the current process of manual toil.
- Post Graduate Admission System To be updated soon
- Post Graduate Course Registration System To be updated soon
- Blogs @ NTU Based on Word Press MU (Multi-User) blog platform, it will be the mother blog of all NTU-related blogs. All blogs will be hosted internally and with URLs http://blogs.ntu.edu.sg/XXX. Many exciting and hip blog templates will be provided to suit different uses and purposes. Even novice blog users will find it easy to get started! The 1st phase includes blogs for Schools and Colleges, Research and Faculty Staff, Admin Offices, Student Clubs & Halls. Check them out at http://blogs.ntu.edu.sg. My role would be to liaise with the vendor, communicate on technical areas such as widgets development, theme designs, database schema, and other operational issues. When the need arises, I will edit the templates to suit the request of each school's, debug posting's issues, perform data updates/maintainence via back-end SQLs and other related matters.