MMARCO International Services Inc.
A specialized business consulting service focused on helping SMEs grow sales, cash flow and profitability through strategic consulting, executive coaching, international marketing, business planning, restructuring, turnarounds and crisis management. If your business lacks clear focus and direction, is facing intense competition and loss of market share, give us a call. We can probably help. Phone: 519-992-4896
Maurice Marwood is President and Principal of MMARCO International Services Inc. MMARCO is a business services company specializing in international marketing, restructuring and turnarounds, strategic consulting, executive mentoring and coaching, leadership seminars, program facilitation, and post-acquisition integration. Mr. Marwood is a strategic leader and coach adept at bringing people together, building consensus, and motivating teams to optimal performance. Organizations served range in size from $15 to $400 million. Mr. Marwood grew up in Ontario, Canada, and earned an MSc in engineering from the University of Guelph and an MBA from the University of Chicago. During his early career, he spent 20 years in increasingly responsible international positions with Caterpillar Inc. and, later, an additional 10 years managing two Caterpillar dealer organizations. In addition, he developed expertise in corporate turnarounds and spent several years restructuring and renewing a variety of business organizations struggling for growth and profitability.From a young age, Marwood instinctively knew that life was for living and discovered an insatiable appetite for experiences and ideas. He worked hard to maintain a balance between life’s critical success factors—the material and the spiritual—making time to raise a family and pursue such adventures as climbing the Matterhorn, trekking Nepal, marathoning, skiing, snowboarding, scuba diving, and cruising eastern North America and the Bahamas. Firsthand involvement in a wide variety of events and situations shaped his values, opinions, and philosophy of living—which he shares with honesty and passion in his new book, Professional Nomad, www.trafford.com/08-0776 .
- For the past several years, Mr. Marwood worked to renew, restructure and turnaround companies suffering from a variety of problems that threatened the viability and growth of the business.
- Over twenty-five years of active participation in the preparation of annual strategic plans and budgets, and actively leading the annual business and operational planning processes.
- Progressed through a variety of increasingly responsible positions during twenty years with Caterpillar Inc. Participated as a member of the management team that developed and implemented a company-wide strategic planning exercise and restructuring of the business during the recession of the early '80's. As General Manager, led a $100 million division designing, developing and distributing a broad range of diagnostic service tools and equipment throughout the world.
- Achieved record sales and profits while Vice President of Canadian Kenworth Ltd., a $400 million heavy-duty truck manufacturer. Completed major capital improvements, doubled production and sales, while achieving an all-time high quality index.
- As President, guided Crane Canada Inc. through a strategic growth and restructuring plan. This $60 million multi-plant consumer products manufacturing company produced a complete line of glamorous kitchen and bathroom fixtures, including enameled steelware, pottery, and modular fiberglass and acrylic products. Unable to compete with more modern international manufacturers, the parent company eventually divested of the Canadian business unit.
- As Managing Director, led Capital Machinery Limited, the Caterpillar dealer serving Taiwan, through a major restructuring and turnaround. Established and implemented a new strategic plan following the Six-Sigma methodology to achieve consistent growth and profitability. During the 5-year assignment, the organization achieved more than a 5-fold increase in sales, profit and market share, which made Caterpillar the market leader in Taiwan.
- As President and COO, led the turnaround of Atlantic Equipment and Power Limited, a Caterpillar dealership serving power generation and construction industries. Achieved record sales and profits that prepared the business for a divestiture that took place in 2003.
- As President and Director, led a successful turnaround of Foremost Industries Inc. The company designed, manufactured and distributed a range of highly specialized heavy duty industrial transportation and drilling equipment to industries throughout the world. The successful recovery of the business provoked a hostile takeover and change of overnership.
- As General Manager, led the post-acquisition integration of a new business into the corporate structure of Robbins & Myers Ltd. Products included a range of industrial fluids handling equipment for the chemical, pharmaceutical, food, coatings and waste treatment industries. Subsequent to the integration, the Canadian division was relocated, merged and integrated into the parent company in the United States.
- MBA Degree - University of Chicago (1976)
- MS Degree (Engineering) - University of Guelph (1966)
- BS Degree (Engineering) - University of Toronto (1964)
- Six-Sigma Deployment Champion Certificate (1996)
- Harvard University - Program on Negotiations (1997)
- Columbia University - Program on Manufacturing Management (1996)
A SAMPLING OF COMMUNITY SERVICE ACTIVITIES:
- Member Steering Committee, WEtech Alliance (http://www.wetech-alliance.com/)
- Director, LaSalle Business Association (www.lasallebusiness.ca)
- Mentor for University of Windsor Youth Entrepreneurship Program
- Mentor for New Canadians Centre of Excellence Inc.
- Member Board of Governors, American Chamber of Commerce in Taipei (Taiwan)
- Director Nassau Institute (Bahamas).
- Director Bahamas Chamber of Commerce.
- Member Rotary Club of East Nassau, Bahamas.
- Member Bahamas Employer's Confederation.
- Member Conference Board of Canada’s Operating Council for Business Excellence.
- Director Canadian Institute of Plumbing and Heating.
- Vice-President and Director Brampton Board of Trade.
- Member Board of Trade of Metropolitan Toronto.
- Director Canadian Exporters Association.
- Director Canadian International Petroleum Industry Development Organisation.
- Director Calgary Chamber of Commerce.
- Director Calgary Economic Development Authority.
- Member Advisory Counsel to the University of Calgary's Faculty of Management.
- Member Canadian Manufacturers Association.
- Member The Strategic Leadership Forum.