Led the growth of Canada's fastest growing MasterCard portfolio through achieving key success in managing the Risk/Reward trade-off. Introduced Enterprise Risk Management Strategy to President's Choice Financial. Served as Chief Anti-Money Laundering Officer for the Bank.
Responsible for four departments: Credit and Fraud Risk Strategy, Collections, Fraud Operations and Enterprise Risk Management (including Business Continuity) and owned the P and L for each of those areas.
- Executive Sponsor for major services re-engineering project, resulting in anticipated $50mm operational cost savings over 5 years
- Completed first test of Emergency management protocol for President's Choice Financial
- Through judiciously applied and monitored credit risk strategy, grew the portfolio 4-fold from $400M to excess of $1.6B, the fastest growing MasterCard in the Canadian marketplace 4 years running
Associate General Manager, Core Banking and Insurance
Led two distinct business units with President's Choice Financial during a time of significant transition and growth. Provided executive oversight of 6 call centres supporting the Insurance business, both in Canada and abroad.
Responsible for strategy, product management in both businesses. Owned the key partnership relationships with our insurers and banking partner.
- Launched the PC travel insurance product
- Launched Interest Plus Savings Product, exceeding first year fund targets in funds under management resulting in a $200mm increase in funds under management within the first year
- Managed marketing budget of $12 million
- Led Core and Insurance product management teams in largest multi-media marketing campaign produced by President's Choice Financial
Director, Risk Management and Collections
Built and led a team of credit risk and collections professionals to achieve a simultaneous 2-fold growth in outstandings and 25% reduction in credit losses.
Responsible for Credit Risk and Collections at pivotal point in the development of a new credit portfolio. Personally committed to reigning in losses to the President of Loblaw which was achieved within first 18 months.
- Created Risk management infrastructure
- Hired, trained and led team of managers and analysts
- Regularly led credit due diligence for Bond Rating Agencies, Regulators and securitization Trusts
- Initiated and led the first sale of distressed debt, generating $300K in income