Accomplished executive skilled at leading aggressive, goal-oriented sales and support organizations. Strong leadership, team building and change-management skills developed leading global sales and support teams selling to large and mid-sized enterprise, utility and government customers with companies such as Catapult Communications, Ericsson and GE. An effective communicator highly proficient at articulating a solution's business value to C-level decision makers. A respected leader skilled at building and developing global sales and support teams driven to execute sales plans and profitably exceed aggressive business objectives. Highly proficient at developing and executing global sales, channel and compensation strategies. A passionate customer advocate dedicated to profitably exceeding customer’s expectations.
2009 - Present
Regional Vice President
Kanuck Phillips Consulting Associates, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
A full service business consulting firm based in Northern Virginia focused on helping our customers and business partners achieve their most ambitious business goals for growth and profitability.
Regional Vice President (2009-Present)
- Operating as an independent contractor, responsible for building and leading a team of ten territory managers tasked with developing relationships with KPCA’s partners and executing aggressive sales strategies within a variety of vertical markets including Government, Manufacturing, Energy and Telecommunications.
- Staffed and developed aggressive sales team to position partner solutions including Governance, Risk and Compliance, Voice-of-the-Customer SaaS Solutions, Succession Planning and Talent Management and Outsourced Call Center Solutions.
- Established a business relationship at the CIO level within state government and positioned KPCA as a bundled solution provider of IT governance and efficiency solutions.
2002 - 2009
Catapult Communications, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
(Nasdaq: CATT)A leading supplier of advanced digital telecom test systems to global equipment manufacturers and service providers with total annual revenues of $50+ million and 250 employees.
Director of Sales, Asia and The Americas (2008-2009)
- Developed and executed aggressive international sales strategies to position 2G, 3G and LTE hardware, software, and service solutions for optimal exposure to achieve revenue, growth, and profit objectives.
- Managed daily business operations, including overseeing staffing, leadership, and resource allocation of sales and support across the Americas, China, Korea, and Taiwan while maintaining effective control of operating costs.
- Led a team of twenty-eight, including region and account management, technical, and administrative staff, while overseeing all indirect channels and driving efforts to develop a cohesive and productive infrastructure.
- Increased orders 33% to $12 million during the first nine months of fiscal year 2009.
- Grew Asia X-Japan sales 88% YOY generating $8.4 million in revenue while simultaneously decreasing costs 26% over the first nine months of fiscal year 2009 by employing effective strategic planning, sales, and support leadership.
- Surpassed order goals realizing 101% of quota through the third quarter of 2009 and delivered 60% of global orders during quarter three attaining recognition as the top-performing region worldwide.
- Generated $4 million in incremental sales revenues by capturing several major new accounts across Asia with such high-profile clients as Samsung, China Mobile, ZTE, and Ericsson.
Director of Sales, North America (2001-2008)
- Following Catapult’s acquisition of Tekelec’s NDB business, appointed to lead a 26-member North American Sales and Support team comprised of regional and account management, application engineering, and administrative staff.
- Identified and captured new business opportunities achieving all sales and performance goals.
- Led efforts to align critical business objectives post-acquisition of Tekelec’s Network Diagnostics Business by Catapult Communications to maintain optimal team performance during significant organizational transition.
- Increased North American sales to a peak of $22 million including 100% CAGR in year one post-acquisition doubling global share.
- Generated 40% YOY order growth with Motorola to $7 million in 2005 across multi-national UMTS, GPRS, VoIP, IMS, and SS7 development sites through the development and execution of the company’s first Global Account Management Program.
- Consistently beat order goals attaining 105% of quota in 2007 resulting in recognition as the largest global region
1998 - 2002
Tekelec, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
(Nasdaq: TKLC) A $500 million developer of signaling and switching solutions, packet telephone infrastructure, network monitoring technology, and value-added applications.
Senior Manager, East Region Sales (2000 – 2001)
- Developed and executed aggressive strategic sales and marketing plans to penetrate target markets.
- Led recruiting and training initiatives while overseeing a four-member team, including one Territory Sales Manager, three Sales Engineers, and indirect sales channels.
- Captured $16 million in annual revenue for the SS7, UMTS, GPRS, and VoIP diagnostic products.
- Grew share of global revenues to 52% in the 2nd quarter of 2001 as the leader of the top producing sales region worldwide.
- Increased Nortel Networks’ revenue 51% making Nortel the division’s largest North American customer by leading key account management efforts.
Senior Manager of Territory Sales, Network Switching Division (1999 - 2000)
- Prospected and qualified new business opportunities; forecasted and closed Sentinel and Eagle STP sales generating $16M.
- Recognized for consistent achievement and success as the recipient of the President’s Club Award for superior quota achievement attaining 145% of established goal.
Manager of Business Development, Network Diagnostics Division (1998 - 1999)
- Oversaw and managed MGTS Sentinel OSS application product management including strategic business plan development and execution driving efforts to achieve market share and revenue goals.
- Secured $1.5 million in incremental revenue from a telecommunications service provider at target margins by executing real-time Fraud Monitoring and Billing solution distribution and product partnerships with Alcatel, Magardi, and Illuminet.
1996 - 1998
(Nasdaq: ERIC) A world-leading supplier of telecommunications equipment with $28 billion in annual revenues and 77,000 employees.
Manager of North America Sales and Marketing, Digital Wireless Office Services – RTP, North Carolina (1997 – 1998)
- Developed and executed effective business, sales, marketing, and distribution plans.
- Secured partnership agreements with such wireless providers as AT&T Wireless, BellSouth, and Southwestern Bell by managing product launch and marketing programs.
- Captured new account contracts with high-profile enterprise customers, including Swiss Re and Cisco Systems.
Manager of Utility System Sales, Private Radio Systems – Phoenix, Arizona (1996 – 1997)
- Developed a $25 million utility account package and achieved $5 million in revenue growth in the first eight months positioning private, 2-way communciations systems with large utilities such as Nevada Power, Salt River Project, Texas Utilities and Lower Colorado River Authority.
1993 - 1996
General Electric Company
(NYSE: GE) GE is a $160B global infrastructure, finance and media conglomerate.
Account Manager, Power Systems Division-Phoenix, Arizona (1994-1996)
- Managed and developed multi-million dollar territory consisting both of large public utilities and rural electric co-ops for GE Smart Grid and Transmission & Distribution solutions including GE meters, relays and transformers.
- Utilized value-added consultative selling approach to achieve greater than a 150 percent increase in the company’s share of the 1995 Arizona distributor-served utility market.
- Developed Southwest territory and led a 2-tier distribution strategy providing Smart Grid and T&D solutions to customers including Investor-Owned Utilitiy Tucson Electric Power and Municipalities including La Plata Electric Cooperative and Farmington Electric.
GE Corporate Technical Sales Program (1993-1994)
- The Technical Sales Program (TSP) is a highly selective program and offers a core curriculum that fosters the development of commercial skills and techniques that are critical to success in all GE businesses. The program prepares candidates for a successful career in sales or marketing by providing the opportunity to learn about our products, industry, and customers while simultaneously making valuable contributions to the organization.
- Assignments included sales/marketing roles within: GE Meters, GE Relays and GE Transformers, in addition to classroom training at GE Corporate Management Development Institute at Crotonville, NY
1990 - 1993
United States Air Force, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
Captain, Tactical Air Command-Air Weapons Director
- Responsible for command and control of fighter aircraft and supervision of assigned enlisted personnel.
- Completed both manual and automated Weapons Director School at Tyndall AFB, FL and Elmendorf AFB, AK respectively.
- As project officer for the Integrated Threat Warning and Attack Assessment, provided valuable and timely information to Headquarters NORAD.
- Alert Force evaluators noted controlling skills as “excellent” resulting in an excellent rating for the Region Operations Control Center as well as the award of the Air Force Achievement Medal.
2000 - Present
- Selected as part of Tekelec senior management to participate in a year-long training and development program focused on compliance, leadership and employee development.
1995 - 1997
- Currently ranked among the nation's top 30 MBA programs
- Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society
1986 - 1990
- Currently ranked among the top 10 undergraduate engineering programs in the country among Masters level institutions
- USAF ROTC Scholarship recipient
- Varsity Ice Hockey 1986-87
- Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity