A Network Operation professional with 7 years experience working for an Internet Services provider which is a global company with networks branching 18 countries all over the world. Providing 2nd/3rd line support to a range of clients from very large to medium size,The role involved multiple aspects of networking and systems which includes but not limited to dealing with end users regarding problems with CISCO Technologies, ADSL, GPON, HFC communicating with them to solve issues, looking after everyday administrative duties, and also helping the projects team with project related tasks.A true professional that enjoys problem solving, with a keen can do attitude, able to communicate well with end users, peers, and managers, a highly motivated person that love challenges, possessing strong clinical and methodical approaches to issues, this works well with troubleshooting and working through different kinds of technical problems. Open to both permanent and contracting role.
Jun 2008 - Present
·Installing and managing routers & switches.
·Configuration of DNS and DHCP services, Internet service, remote access (WAN, VPN) systems and network monitoring systems.
·Expert in IP networking, utilizing Cisco hardware; and all types of IP routing utilizing a range of routing protocols, & traffic flow analysis, network management, network topology design, security, performance and fault tolerant architecture.
·Experienced in SNMP, remote access VPN and WAN (Frame Relay, ATM, MPLS) management.
·Experienced using WAN technologies (OC-3, OC-12, etc), T-1, T-3, and E-1. expert-level knowledge with layer 2/3 technologies, specifically CISCO Ethernet switches, configuring switch ports and VLANS on CISCO devices.
·Experienced solving network problems. using protocol analysers.SSL and/or IPSec VPN, network load-balancers, protocol analysis SMTP e-mail relay and spam filtering, SNMP, DNS.
Jul 2006 - Jun 2008
Network Support Engineer
- Install, configure, and maintain network services, equipment and devices.
- Plans and supports network and computing infrastructure.
- Perform troubleshooting analysis of servers, workstations and associated systems.
- Documents network problems and resolution for future reference.
- Monitors system performance and implements performance tuning.
- Manage user accounts, permissions, email, anti-virus, anti-spam.
- Review and recommend IT solutions for existing or new customers.
- Oversee software and network security.
Jun 2005 - Jun 2006
- Provide client support and technical issue resolution via E-Mail, phone and other electronic medium.
- Configuration of client's equipment to connect to the Internet via modem/DSL Router, GPON, HFC WIMAX, (Dialup/DSL customers only).
- Configure software to connect to Internet application servers.
- Provide training to clients in the use of system and applications as related to Internet.
- Obtain general understanding of OS and application operations related to company offered services.
- Identify and correct or advise, on operational issues in client computer systems.
Sep 2003 - May 2005
System Edge (India)
- Providing computer support services both for software and hardware for an organization’s employees
- Testing of computers and ensuring that computer systems are functioning properly.
- Physical setting up of computers and software system installation for various computer applications and programs
- Identifying and solving any problems that affect computer operating systems
- Help in examination of network servers equipment and maintenance
- Maintenance of networking systems
- Maintenance and upgrading of computer systems or offering recommendations on upgrades needed
- Networking and connecting computers within the same organization to enhance communication, maintaining other computer peripheral devices such as printers and solving printing problems if they arise.
Dec 2009 - Present
- To provide intensive theoretical and practical knowledge of management.
- To provide an integrated perspective of management functioning along with a fair amount of exposure to real life cases/ technical knowhow.
- To hone the student's analytical abilities
- To provide access to a broad base of knowledge in core managerial skills
- To develop the essential management skills required to meet and participate in an increasingly international business environment
- To build upon the essential core management modules allowing greater emphasis on elective modules of management.