Provide the Product Engineering Team with complete and accurate project Design support
Mechanical Designer with 15+ years experience in the Automotive, Aerospace, Avionics, Process Gas Compression and Commercial Refrigeration industries.
Extensive experience creating high quality robust designs on time and within Budget.
Engineering Support and Design
3D CAD Modeling and Drafting
- Design and documentation of commercial refrigerators and freezers including preparation for Underwriters Laboratories inspection and certification
- Design and documentation of single and dual throw multistage reciprocating process gas compressors up to 450 bhp in accordance with API 618
- Routing of pulsation dampeners, inter-stage piping and coolers, start-up unloading and relief valves, separator drains and cylinder cooling systems
- Design of lubrication systems, pneumatic and electric controls and instrumentation
- Design of electric/electronic controls and instrumentation per Class I Group B Div 2
- Design and documentation of optical mounts for the TCSSL and RoadRunner missile laser guidance systems
- Co designed and documented the TBI700 throttle body with fuel injection system used on GM four cylinder engines at a volume of 15M /year.
- Designed prototypes, limit parts and test fixtures.
- Participated in continuous improvement activities to reduce material costs.
- Implemented production change requests.
Advanced Concepts Designer
- Designed a hydrocarbon sensor used in laboratory and dynamometer research supporting reduction of engine emissions
- Designed an injection manifold to support development of Compressed Natural Gas fueling
Delphi Energy and Engine Management Systems
- Led design group in parametric modeling practices and Bill of Design.
- Developed and implemented the Tolerance Analysis System which eliminated over $70K each year from engineering budget.
- Designed the ‘low profile’ Throttle Body used on GM Quad4 engine applications.
- Created and executed the Global Product Design which generated new worldwide business including $13.5M for all Hyundai V6 3.3l, 3.8l and Genesis engine applications
- Analyzed potential component vendors in South Korea
- Responded to the Asian market customer and vendor concerns and requests allowing design concessions to parts as made minimizing tool rework
- Resolved Product Data Management issues at Delphi- South Korea saving 12% of Regional engineering time per day
- Conducted thorough design and print reviews maintaining project timing
United States patent co-author
(#6,758,780 Planetary Traction Drive Mechanism and Throttle Valve Assembly)