Wyndham Old San Juan Hotel & Casino, San Juan, PR, 1999-2004
4-star, 240-room property with 10,000 sq ft Casino in heart of historic district catering to Corporate, Cruise and Leisure market.
- Realized Revenue increases of 25% over 4 years via visionary sales leadership and involvement from Yield management to CRM activities, outside sales calls to pioneering in-house wedding show.
- Improved GOP and EBITDA by up to 15% and 22% respectively from 2002 to 2003 by improving performance in all operations, focusing on P&L analyses and payroll productivity, investing in bar-code Preventive Maintenance program and energetically implementing Wyndham By Request program to substantially increase returning guest percentage.
- Genuinely focused on empowerment and leadership development by mentoring two Managers to General Managers, Asst. Executive Housekeeper to Rooms Division Manager and Part-time Reservations Sales Agent to Revenue Manager.
- Gained respect in community and media by producing 8-page, color newspaper supplement for Hotel’s 5th Anniversary, supporting local events and serving on the Board of the Museum of San Juan.
- Successfully maintained high employee morale and defeated two union-organizing attempts by open, honest communication with employees at all levels.
- Prepared and presented quarterly results to ownership, resulting in positive year-end incentive payments, approval of Capital Expenditure improvements and progressively improving relations.
Wyndham Palmas del Mar Resort & Villas, Humacao, PR, 1997 - 1999
Upscale Resort, consisting of Hotel, Inn and Villas in 4 areas within pre-planned community including 2 golf courses, tennis courts, shopping center.
- Proficiently operated Rooms, Beach and Leisure and Food & Beverage Departments for Groups and Leisure guests from the US and Europe.Improved Rooms Department profit by 15% through strategic re-organization.
- Contributed to increase in Villa owner’s joining the condo-rental pool by improving Housekeeping/Maintenance standards, training initiatives and increasing occupancy in their units through creative group sales efforts.
Rooms Division Manager
Wyndham Morgan Bay Resort, St. Lucia, West Indies, 1994 – 1997
All-inclusive Beachfront Resort with Watersports and Land Activities, Kids Klub; also known for Weddings and Family reunions.
- Collaborated with Sales to increase European contribution and push annual occupancy from 70 – 88% within 2 years.
- Implemented cost control guidelines to reduce expenses resulting in a savings of $10,000 in Linen replacement costs
- Positive leadership style rewarded with winning Resorts Rooms Division Manager of the Year for 1995.