- Educational Doctorate Student Assembly (EDSA) (2009 – 2012)
- International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) (2005 – 2007)
- Habitat for Humanity, Leeward Hawaii (2007)
- President, Graduate Student Organization, HPU (GSO) (2003 – 2005)
- Vice President for Public Relations, Polyglot Toastmaster (2003)
- The Order of Arete, Student Recognition Award, University of Southern California (2012)
- Graduate Scholar Award, 18th International Conference on Diversity (2011)
- Nominated for Golden Apple Award for Distinguished Teaching by an Adjunct Faculty Member (2010)
- Joanne Holbrook Patton Military Spouse Scholarship (2009, 2010, 2011)
- Dean’s List, University of Southern California, GPA 4.0 (Spring, Summer 2010)
- Dean’s List, Hawaii Pacific University, GPA 4.0 (2003-2004)
- USAA National Collegiate Communication Arts Award (Awarded for Spring 2005)
- Bernice Piilani Scholarship for Journalism Excellence, Hawaii Community Foundation (Awarded for 2004/2005)
- Delta Mu Delta Honor Society (Inducted in Fall 2004)
- Robert E. Black Award for Excellence in Service to the HPU and Hawaii Community (Awarded on March 2004)
- Demonstrated technical skills and knowledge of a Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Experience teaching online and designing online courses
- Advanced analytical skills to troubleshoot software problems
- Experience in creating simple end-user support materials in video and text formats
- Understanding of ADA compliance in an instructional environment
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with a customer service perspective essential
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Multilingual: Proficient in the English language, Malay language, and several Chinese dialects (Mandarin, Cantonese, Hakkha).
Han Nee Chong graduated with a MA in Communication from Hawaii Pacific University, and an Ed.D. in Educational Leadership from the Rossier School of Education at the University of Southern California. She is an Instructional Design and Technology Specialist at the Center for the Advancement in Innovative Teaching (CAIT), and an Adjunct Professor with the College of Communication at HPU. She teaches communication, writing and business courses and facilitates online courses. Her study, Teachers as Adopters of Innovation, examines teachers as key players in innovation at schools, and how their perceptions, experiences, knowledge and self-efficacy towards innovation, are shaped by the organizations in which they work.
Han Nee’s research interest in innovative technology for learning stems from a firm belief in student-centered learning. While technology is a tool, which in and of itself, does not promote learning, she believes that it can be integrated purposefully into instruction. In her role as an instructional designer at CAIT, Han Nee assists in planning for effective implementation of curriculum to ensure that technology is used effectively to meet student needs. She conducts workshops on a regular basis to demonstrate the use of technology in classroom to improve teaching and learning, and provides frequent feedback to faculty and administrators regarding instructional technology. She is interested in working with faculty to make continuous improvements in key processes, techniques, and procedures related to the instructional technology program at HPU.
Aug 2009 - May 2012
University of Southern California
Dissertation: Perception and Use of Instructional Technology: Teacher Candidates as Adopters of InnovationAdviser: Dr. Dominic J. Brewer, Associate Dean of Research and Faculty AffairsFields: Diffusion of Innovation in Schools, Online Education, Instructional Technology
Jan 2003 - May 2005
Hawaii Pacific University
Fields: Communication, Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations
Graduated with a GPA of 4.0
University of Hertfordshire
Fields: Accounting, Finance, Business Studies
Graduated with Honors degree.
Jan 2010 - Present
Communication Faculty (Adjunct)
Hawaii Pacific University
- Teach undergraduate business communication and intercultural communication courses
- Courses taught: COM3400 Communicating Professionally, COM2300 Communication and Culture, COM3300 Intercultural Communication, COM6100 Integrated Marketing Communication
Nov 2008 - Present
University of Phoenix
- Teach online undergraduate business communication courses
- Courses taught: COM140 Contemporary Business Communication, COM155 University Composition and Communication
Jan 2012 - Present
Instructional Design and Technology Specialist
Hawaii Pacific University
- Assist in planning for effective implementation of curriculum to ensure that technology is used effectively to meet student needs.
- Respond to instructional technology help and support requests in a timely way to ensure user satisfaction.
- Develop and organize multimedia training materials, training presentations, visual aids, online training sessions, training tips, and other educational materials appropriate to enhance faculty teaching skills and manage them in a knowledge base for instructional technology.
- Assist leadership and management with research, selection, and implementation of instructional software and hardware.
- Coordinate with IT so as to offer comprehensive solutions for instructional technology problems.
- Make continuous improvements in key processes, techniques, and procedures related to the instructional technology and distance learning program.
- Continually search for, evaluate, and implement use of new instructional resources including software, web sites and long-distance learning opportunities.
Jul 2009 - Jul 2011
Business & General Education Instructor
- Teach undergraduate international business courses and general education courses
- Courses taught: GE1400 Speech, GE1602 Critical Thinking, IB297 Business Portfolio Project, IB129 Introduction to Import, Export & Entrepreneurship
Oct 2008 - 2009
Travel Specialist/ Business Owner
- An affiliate of Montrose Travel California, IATA certified.
- Manage all aspects of day to day business operations.
- Plan, market and sell tour & cruise packages, as well as air, hotels, and rental car reservations.
Oct 2007 - Oct 2008
Brookfield Homes Hawaii
- Train new sales and marketing staff in successful new homes sales techniques & marketing campaigns.
- Develop sales and marketing training manuals, policies and procedures.
- Analyze real estate and new homes sales trend and competition to provide timely information for strategic marketing decision.
Mar 2005 - Sep 2007
Web and Database Marketing Specialist
Centex Homes Hawaii
- Manage all aspects of online Web marketing campaigns, including cost management, strategic planning, execution and coordination of all legal approvals for marketing materials.
- Manage company Web site and make recommendations for new interactive and web marketing partnerships.