Aug 2006 - Dec 2008
Aug 2002 - May 2006
Bachelor of Arts
Jul 2009 - Present
Dialysis Social Worker
Texarkana Regional Dialysis Center
- Conduct psychosocial evaluations
- Participation in team review of patient progress
- Provide support and guidance to patients and families in dealing with special problems associated with end stage renal disease
- Identify community, state and national social agencies and other resources and assist in referral and/or utilization of these resources
- Participation in continuous quality improvement activities
- Provide supervision and assistance as needed to arrange transient dialysis services
- Educate patient and families on coping with the dynamics of end stage renal disease, including: crisis intervention, counseling and interaction with outside agencies.
May 2008 - Dec 2008
Masters Level Intern
The Parenting Center
- Conducted and developed evaluations for various parenting programs within the agency and state-wide programs the agency was spearheading.
- Developed curriculum for two separate parenting classes; topics including: Internet safety issues and guidelines for parents, and parenting skills for at-risk youth.
- Supported administration in logistical daily demands.
May 2006 - Aug 2008
- Made appropriate resource referrals to patients and families.
- Assisted families in locating disability research in the medical library.
- Managed and updated hospital-wide agency database.
- Co-led the Spina Bifida Transitional Teen Program.
- Educated patients and families on disability and college services (i.e. Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services).
- Developed and led the Leadership Program for Spina bifida Summer Camp.
Aug 2007 - Dec 2007
Social Work Intern
Gilda's Club North Texas
- Facilitated Customized Membership Plans with club members.
- Conducted community outreach efforts including: managing Club booths at various health fairs and conferences and making visits to potential referral sources.
- Updated and managed outreach database.
- Conducted research for program grants and processed results with Grant Writer and Program Director.
- Managed front-desk during evening activities.
- Developed and managed Noogieland Holiday Event (kids department).
- Delivered disability-specific training to Gilda’s Club staff.
Jun 2004 - Jun 2007
- Performed roles of camp counselor.
- Led disability small group Bible studies.
- Led High School group for both camps summer of June 2007.
- Conducted one-on-one relational mentoring.
Aug 2005 - May 2006
Lena Pope Home
- Specifically worked in First Offender Program.
- Administered intakes for teenagers and their families.
- Managed light caseload of in-school teenagers.
- Taught social skills classes for teen clients.
Aug 2004 - May 2005
Small Group Leader
Dallas Baptist University, Freshman Ministries
- One-on-one relational counseling.
- Led small group Bible studies.
- Coordinated monthly activities.
Aug 2002 - May 2005
Dallas Baptist University, Nursing Home Ministry
- One-on-one relational counseling.
- Assisted residents in attending group events.
- Coordinated activities for group events.
Passionate about serving the under-served. Have been involved in disability leadership, and recognized as a leader/advocate among the community. Life story featured on disability television program, and have been given the opportunity to speak for those with no voice. Continually work for myself and others with disabilities, not to be defined by our limitations, but to educate on our abilities. And finally, aspire to continue in advocating, and always serve those in need.
Holly's Heart,Life story featured on Joni and Friends Television Series on the Trinity Broadcast Network
Goal-oriented individual desiring to pursue a career effectively working for those in need.
- Public speaking
- Spending time with loved ones