Administrative support professional offering versatile office management skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs. Strong planner and problem solver who readily adapts to change, works independently and exceeds expectations. Pays attention to details and has great organizational skills. Able to juggle multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines without compromising quality.
Oct 2009 - Mar 2011
Customer Service Representative IV
Customer service representative for the Arizona Republic newspaper at the Gannett call-center. Responsible for taking incoming calls regarding service issues, billing, and various other customer concerns. Responsible for meeting and maintaining customer service standards and sales quotas.
- Member of the Employee Appreciation Committee twice during employment; used to organize company functions, events, contests, and to address employee concerns.
- Exceeded company sales and service standards several consecutive months and was awarded Quality Certificates in addition to bonuses.
- Was being trained as a floor coach and promoted before the company decided to close the Tulsa location.
Nov 2007 - Jun 2009
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant to the general manager/part-owner. Duties included opening/closing the store, handling cash/balancing register daily, answering phone calls, taking special orders, scheduling, hiring, training, and counseling of employees, customer service and sales.
- Created system for special orders increasing sales for the company.
- Handled all aspects of the store from ordering of merchandise, to visual display, shipment, and sales on a daily basis, with little or no supervision from the general manager.
- �Created employee information sheets for store policies/procedures where there were none.
- Increased revenue for the company within the first year of hire, enabling the company to expand from two to six locations.
Jun 2006 - Nov 2007
Sales associate and sales coach to new employees.Duties included opening/closing procedures,
Handling cash/computerized register functions, answering phone calls, taking special orders,training new employees, customer service, visual merchandising, and sales.
- Headed the new program for sales coaches in Gap Body; as the first sales coach, was responsible for training new employees on sales goals/procedures, etc.
- Consistently met or exceeded sales goals set by the company.
- Quickly gained respect and trust of supervisors by being self motivated to learn all aspects of the job.
Jan 1994 - Sep 2004
SGT, Automated Logistical Specialist
Handled multifaceted clerical tasks (e.g., data entry, filing, records management and budgeting) as the assistant to the motor sergeant and unit commander.Maintained database and ensured the delivery of parts to mechanics in the motor pool.Quickly became a trusted assistant known for “can-do” attitude, flexibility and high-quality work.
- Communicated effectively with multiple departments to plan meetings and prepare budget report andbriefings for the unit commander.Established strong relationships to gain support and effectively achieve results.
- Entrusted to manage office in the supervisor’s absence.Provided timely, courteous, and knowledgeableresponse to information requests; screened and transferred calls; and prepared official motor pool correspondence.
- Created filing systems for the motor sergeant and enabled the motor pool to run at a more efficient and cost effective pace.
- Developed innovative PowerPoint presentations in order to brief the unit commander of our weeklybudget and spending plans.
- Earned excellent marks on performance reviews, with citations for excellence in areas including work volume, accuracy,and quality; ability to learn and master new concepts; positive work ethic; andcommitment to providing unsurpassed service.
- Responsible for shipping, receiving, and ordering of parts and office supplies while in working in warehouse operations. Also maintained inventory and budget records for each area of responsibility.