- Bar commission at my student fraternity, G.S.C. Vindicat atque Polit Groningen.
- My interests include high standard of windsurfing, skiing (climbed Mont Blanc 2004) and soccer.
- Computer experience WindowsWord, Excel, PowerPoint, SPSS,Network administration.
I am a 30 year Export (Area sales, Operations) manager with additional experience in strategic management, marketing, operations and finance. Fluent in English, German and Dutch (native), useful knowledge of Spanish and French. Msc. degree in Business Administration, specialization Business Development. ITIL, Prince 2 (foundation) certified. After setting up a an operations logistics department for Vecom Group, I m currently working as an Export & Area Sales Manager for Vecom Marine Alliance. I have a broad scope of experience in different management disciplines I am analytical, conscientious and have perseverance. I am also an enthusiastic person who likes to take initiative
Commercial Coordinator Commodities
Jan 2007 - Sep 2008
Export & Area Sales Manager
- End responsible for 5 FTE’s andreporting directly to the board of directors.
- Management focus on Strategy, Finance, Operations, Debtors control and Marketing .
- Setting up and controlling a worldwide agent network (850 ports).
- Sales to international clients (3 million sales) and P&L responsible for the export department(3 million sales).Sales increase 15%.
- Since January 2008 I am end-responsible for the German office in Hamburg. (Project Management and 600.000 sales)
Jan 2006 - Jan 2007
- Within the business unit a new Logistical company was created. Within that company I was responsible for all logistics in the Benelux, and all stocks in the Benelux.
- End responsible for 4 FTE’s.
Jun 2005 - Jan 2006
Management Trainee/Head back office
- Head of the back-office responsible for 2 FTE’s and local stock control.
- Started at Vecom as a trainee with a process improvement project on financial reporting. This was a 6 month period to getto know the company.
Nov 2004 - Jun 2005
IT Management Trainee
- I was working on different IT projects within the Financial markets. I finished a backlog project on the local support department of EDS stationed within ABN Amro H.Q. in Amsterdam.
- Part of a project team that was involved in the rollout of a corporate security system. My responsibility was to accompany the actual rollout in Amsterdam and Rotterdam.
- Certified in Prince 2 foundation (project management) and ITIL foundation (IT infrastructure).
Oct 2003 - Apr 2004
- I did an independent research on the Indonesian petrochemical market. This research was done in order to provide Vopak with a possible entry strategy.
Jan 1999 - May 2003
Boga Computers vof
- I started my own company specialized in computer networking and hardware supply. In 2003 the company was sold successfully. I got my first management experience and accounting experience.
May 1998 - Oct 2004
Master in Science
Rijks University Groningen
- Major in Business Development