- PMI certified Project Management Professional (PMP), with 9+ years managing IT groups and teams, including 2 years as a Director, and 5+ years Big-5 consulting experience
- 14+ years experience in all stages of SDLC (requirements definition, design, implementation & maintenance) and systems integration
- Includes 9+ years experience as manager (Manage development team and external consultants; Recommend, specify, prioritize and approve IT projects, hardware and software; Develop and manage project schedule; Manage software development and implementation projects; Mentoring, conduct performance reviews, recruiting and vendor management)
- Includes 7 years experience as Business Analyst (requirements gathering; technical and business analysis; evaluating business processes and making recommendations for improvement)
- Includes 14 years application development in C#/VB.Net/ASP.Net, (with 6+ years experience in .Net, both web and WinForms), Visual Basic, VBA, C/C++ and Java
- Includes 5+ years software architecture experience with .Net web projects, windows and console applications; defining development and coding standards; performing code reviews; define architecture and establishing hardware and software infrastructure for software development
- Includes 10+ years database design and development experience with SQL Server (T-SQL), Oracle (PL/SQL) and MS Access; Designing and developing database models; Creating stored procedures, triggers, and packages; Creating ETL programs using .Net, SSIS and Java for data imports and exports
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming methodology and design , test-driven development, and agile and iterative development life cycle methodologies and design patterns
Sep 2008 - Present
Manager (Consultant), Application Development/Software Engineer
Spectrum Solutions, Inc; International American University (IAU)
- Management (8-member development team, external consultants, service providers, software vendors); Architecture and Infrastructure Management; Business Analysis; Application Design & Development; Database Design & Development; Performance appraisals and career counseling (including mentoring and training team members)
- Manage developers and outside consultants who assist with custom development of online, market research surveys and tools for customers.
- Design and architect a web-based application named Luminate using .Net Framework 3.5 (ASP.Net/C#), AJAX, LINQ, DevExpress UI controls and SQL Server 2008. Luminate is targeted towards franchisors and franchisees to provide them with comparisons, rankings and benchmarks on all the key performance measures that drive profitability and cash flow into their system. It is a hosted (Software as a Service, SAAS, application), business intelligence tool that consolidates the individual franchisee’s financial data and generates key performance and management reports.Assist in the production support and maintenance of Luminate as a Windows application built using .Net Framework 2.0 (WinForms/C#), VB.Net, Crystal Reports and SQL Server 2000. Also involved in deployment of Luminate executable remotely on local computers at client locations.
- Manage the infrastructure for the company in hosting the web apllications (Windows Server 2003/2008, IIS) and administer the SQL Server databases (2005/2008) on servers hosted with a 3rd party hosting provider.
- Design and architect a web-based Student Management System for IAU’s School of Medicine, as a hosted (SAAS) application that can be used for admission management (tracking all stages of the admission process), student management (tracking student information, courses registered, course grades, graduation information, transcripts etc.), and financial information (tuition and fees paid, student billing etc.) and management reporting. The application is built using .Net Framework 3.5 (ASP.Net/C#) and SQL Server 2005. Also responsible for the production support and maintenance of the application.
Jul 2004 - Aug 2008
Director of Application Development
- Project Management (10-member development team and external consultants); Architecture; Business Analysis; Application Design & Development; Database Design & Development
- Manage several projects for building and enhancing web sites using Net Framework 2.0 (ASP.Net/C#) and SQL Server 2005 for Highland. Manage the team of three to seven external consultants and 10 internal developers. Participate in the steering committee for the projects. Involved in the architecture and design of the web site. Build data import processes using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) for importing data from external providers. Provide maintenance and build enhancements to the web site.
- Manage the planning, scheduling, prioritizing and monitoring of projects and tasks using Microsoft Visual Studio Team System (VSTS), Microsoft Project and Excel. Set up and administer VSTS for source-code control, issue tracking, and project management. Extend VSTS by customizing the XML templates to support project tracking.
- Manage the implementation and perform the customization of Global Entity Management System (GEMS), web-based software from Computershare Governance Services, for managing information about legal entities affiliated with Highland.
- Manage the implementation of Sungard's Protegent personal trade approval and compliance certification application for employees.
- Manage the implementation of CDONet, a financial analysis and reporting software for collateralized debt obligations (CDO). Create custom scripts to import data from an external source, and also to automate running of compliance tests.
- Manage, design and develop firm-wide intranet application using C# 2.0, ASP.Net 2.0, SQL Server 2005, XML, AJAX etc. Manage the development team of five developers. Design and build the time tracking module and cash management modules of the intranet. Build interfaces with active directory (C# and SQL Server 2005), Wall Street Office (a third-party portfolio management system for bank loans - interface built using SQL Server 2005 SSIS package), and Hummingbird document management system. Design and build portions of the intranet using ASP.Net 2.0 (C#, ASP.Net AJAX, web parts, generics and XML serialization) and SQL Server 2005.
- Design & development of multiple web sites to provide financial data regarding mutual funds and bank loans to investors, using Visual Studio.Net 2003/2005 (VB.Net & C#), SQL Server 2000/2005, Visual Studio Team System, SQL Server Reporting Services, Adobe Photoshop CS2 etc.
- Design and build a time tracking application for employees to use internally. Technologies used included ASP.Net (VB.Net), SQL Server 2000, SQL Server Reporting Services and Windows 2003 Active Directory (LDAP).
- Design and build an employee phone directory based on data stored in the Windows 2003 Active Directory (LDAP) server and SQL Server, using ASP.Net (VB.Net) and SQL Server 2000. Implemented and customized SalesForce.com, a hosted customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- Project manage the upgrade of IT infrastructure to the latest technology, with new server hardware, Windows 2003 server, Exchange 2003, Office 2003 and Windows XP Professional.
Dec 1998 - Jun 2004
Sprint, Sprint PCS, SBC Communications (Southwestern Bell, Ameritech, Pacific Bell), AT&T, Birch Telecom, Blockbuster, Hewlett-Packard (HP), iTravel, Exodus
- Application Development; Business Analysis; Project Management; Performance appraisals and career counseling (goal setting, mentoring, and creating career development and education plans for junior staff); Pre-Sales Support
- Managed and designed data marts and applications using SQL Server, Access and VBA to store customer and financial data extracted from a Teradata data-warehouse, and for creating financial reports on revenue and volume data by customer, for SBC and its subsidiaries (Southwestern Bell, Ameritech and Pacific Bell).
- Designed and created an application using Access and VBA for importing and storing budget and capital expenditure data, and for creating financial reports for Exodus, a web hosting company.
- Worked as a Business/Data Analyst for Hewlett-Packard for gathering functional and technical requirements, and design (using Rational Rose and Erwin) for building a CRM database in Oracle (database modeling and PL/SQL).
- Worked as a Technical Project Lead for Sprint on a project for building interfaces in Java and JSP to order processing, scheduling, inventory and billing (software) systems.Also, involved in gathering technical requirements and code reviews.
- Worked as a Systems Analyst to perform an assessment of the current state infrastructure and propose a blue print for the future state infrastructure for iTravel, a business-to-business (B2B), “managed travel services” company. Also, developed a high-level testing approach document to be used for developing test plans for various software development and integration projects.
- Designed and developed an application using Visual Basic, COM and SQL Server, for storing, maintaining and reporting on best practices and security controls for technologies like databases, software applications, operating systems etc. in a telecommunications firm, to be used mostly by security and system administrators at Sprint.
- Worked as a Programmer Analyst for Blockbuster on an internal audit project to extract revenue data using SQL queries and PL/SQL from an Oracle database.
- Designed and developed an Access database for a business continuity planning (BCP) project for Birch telecom
Dec 1997 - Nov 1998
- Performed maintenance (production support) and enhancements to a client-server sales compensation application for Sprint, using Visual Basic, ADO, COM, Oracle, PL/SQL, Unix shell scripts etc.
Oct 1995 - Nov 1997
Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC), Southern Natural Gas (SNG)
- Worked as a Lead Developer on a project for SNG, for developing a client-server billing and scheduling system. Designed and developed the system using Visual Basic, Oracle, C++ and CORBA.Also, responsible for gathering business requirements, performing code reviews, and managing the development team.
- Worked as a Developer on a multi-national project for DEC to build a client-server sales compensation application. Involved in the development of some components of the application using Visual Basic and Oracle (stored procedures, triggers and SQL). Also involved with the implementation and production support phases of the project.
Mar 1995 - Sep 1995
Software Engineer (Contract)
- Worked as a Developer on a project for developing an imaging (scanning, editing and storing) product using Visual Basic, Image Basic and ATC ForeReview.
Database Design & Development
.Net (C#, VB.Net, ASP.net)
Jun 1998 - Dec 2001
Master of Science (MS)
Graduated with Honors (GPA: 4.0/4.0)
Jan 1993 - May 1995
Master of Science (MS)
Aug 1987 - Jul 1991
Bachelor of Technology
Ranked 3rd out of 95 students