SOA Architect & Project Manager (Consultant)
SOA Architect and Project Manager (Consultant from SS Inc) at the Integration Center of Excellence (ICoE) of Emerson Electric, Corporate IT, St Louis, MO, USA.
ICoE provides integration deployment and operation services in Application and Business Integration Solutions across Emerson and its global divisions.
My role at ICoE:
Project Initiation: Study Emerson applications & processes and the integration needs of Emerson divisions with its Suppliers, Partners, Banks, and Service providers. Translate requirements into functional specification with Solution, Time and Cost estimates. Work with PMO in initializing the projects and securing project approvals.
Architect and Design: Develop the architecture and technical design based on the functional requirements. Identify the integration touch points, adapter usage, data mappings and translations. Validate the architecture against requirements. Enforce architecture and security standards in the recommended solutions. Perform competitive product analysis and evaluation.
Project Management: Following the Emerson's IT Project Life Cycle, manage project activities, create project plans, update project records, create tasks and work breakdown structures, schedule the tasks for development and assign teams, and monitor the development activities. Provide milestone updates to stakeholders, and dash board view to executive management.
Development and QA: Perform internal audits on the projects, review the interfaces developed for quality. Mentor development team providing subject matter expertise. Supervise Integration Testing, conduct User Acceptance Testing and Go live. Manage change.
Administration: Coordinate with support team on the 24/7 production support activities. SLA management and reporting. Address Disaster Recovery requirements and planning. Conduct necessary administration of JCAPS and OFM environments for high availability including software installation, version upgrades, product migrations, and applying emergency software patches. Participate in Development and QA team selection process.
- Architected and designed JCAPS and OFM SOA solutions and performed Project Management activities for close to 100 integrations.
- Designed and implemented B2B Transaction Hub connecting customers, suppliers and logistic partners exchanging various business transactions in industry standard messaging formats in OAG XML and X12 EDI.
- Designed and implemented secure integration from Oracle E-Business Suite for exchanging confidential information with 8 international banks, 22 insurance and 6 financial service providers.
- Designed and implemented Data Compliance Validation Services to validate more than 10,000 EDI transactions flowing through the Transaction Hub per day.
- Designed SOA and Oracle AIA based integration to applications including Aceva Collection Management Application and Avant Garde Receivables Application (12 divisions), Ultriva E-Kanban Application (10 divisions, 60 transaction types, thousands of transactions per day), and Vendavo Price Management Application (10 divisions).
- Managed and lead two geographically located offshore development teams, each consisting of 4 to 6 members varying as per the project. Managed offshore consultant team of varying size from top consulting companies.
- Managed planning and relocating applications and services to the Emerson's prestigious Global Data Center.
- Coordinated in managing offshore 24/7 support team of 5 members.
- Designed High Availability and Disaster Recovery Process for OFM SOA and JCAPS projects.
- Played a key role in the selection process and training an offshore development team in Mohali, India and QA team in Xi’an, China.
Technologies and Tools:
Oracle Fusion Middleware: SOA Suite 10g and 11g (ESB, OSB, BPEL, Web Services), Application Integration Architecture (AIA FP), Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), Enterprise Repository, Enterprise Manager
Sun Java CAPS: Java CAPS 5.1.3 (eGate and eXchange, including SeeBeyond SRE and ICAN)
Project Management: Clarity Project Management, Microsoft Project, HP OpenView
Methodologies: Emerson's ITPLC, SOA SDLC
Others: OAGIS XML, X12 EDI, Shell Scripts, PL/SQL Scripts, Secure protocols (SSL, SSH, HTTPS, SFTP, FTPS, AS2, PKCS), HP System Management Tools, Solaris/Unix Resource Monitoring Tools