Bruce has 20 years of demonstrated leadership ability in sales and marketing in the telecommunications and software industry. Most recently as the University Account Representative for AT&T he negotiated and signed contracts with 7 Western Washington colleges giving AT&T preferential status for sales and marketing initiatives. His field of expertise is diverse having worked for both Fortune 100 companies as well as Technology Startups. He has shown himself to be particularly effective in developing high level sales relationships with customers and turning those relationships into sales.
2008 - 2009
University Account Executive
Sales and business development of AT&T wireless and wireline products and services to Universities and Colleges and their constituents in Western Washington and New Mexico. High level activities included identifying C level decision makers, setting appointments and presenting to C level decision makers with the goal to sell through negotiated contracts and direct sales. Led teams of subject matter experts in contract negotiations and technical sales process presentations. Led follow-up market planning and initiatives, and product training.
- Finalized contracts with nine universities establishing AT&T as preferred vender status resulting in a 34% year over year increased in sales for territory
- Negotiated with University of Washington to a multi year contract valued at $30 million for three year term of contract
- Recruited UW Athletic Department to become exclusive customer of AT&T Wireless and "churned" 50 lines from competitive carrier
- Negotiated placement of two AT&T multi-cell towers on UW Campus which is the first time a wireless vendor was allowed on campus with cell towers
- Utilized CRM software to record and track progress of weekly sales initiatives for management review resulting in a 100% increase in viable contacts
- Contracted with Capital Projects division of UW to provide SMART wireless devices to 100 employees
- Exceeded sales goal in 2009 by 5% increasing revenue to $8.8 million