Community service, foreign travel, writing, squash, platform tennis, my children and their activities.
Marketing and public relations strategist, project leader and digital integration specialist, seeking an opportunity to make a strong contribution to the marketing and strategic communication success of an outstanding agency, corporation or institution. The ideal position will be a leadership role that supports business growth, strategic planning and customer retention.
The ideal company will be one that encourages entrepreneurial thinking, rewards employee initiative with professional growth, has capacity for career advancement in marketing and business planning and is passionate about the customer.
Jan 2000 - Present
Founder, CEO, Account Leader
Laura Randall Media, LLC
Laura Randall Media ("LRM") is a communications firm specializing in marketing, strategic communication and public relations. LRM serves private businesses and public agencies by researching opportunities for engagement with the target audience and using insights to develop message strategies and marketing plans to meet business objectives. Areas of experience include market research, opportunities assessment, marketing plan development, collaboration with creative agencies, inbound marketing, Web site redesign project management, Web content strategy, digital and social network integration, media relations, community engagement and event planning. Experienced producer of video, audio and print collateral. Achievements
- Developed and managed over 40 multi-level marketing and communication initiatives to support corporate and brand objectives.
- Secured earned media for a variety of clients with measured value of thousands of dollars per exposure.
- Trained and prepared airline executives for crisis media interface in advance of an anticipated strike.
- Trained various local business executives and educators in tactics for managing media relationships, handling themselves in an interview situation and developing strategies to stay on message.
- Served as Communications Director for the 2002 "Let's Get Moving" campaign to expand public transit. Responsible for planning and executing the earned media strategy for the campaign, as well as serving as a frequent spokesperson in public meetings and debates.
- Contributing journalist to Time Magazine, including a cover story on issues related to the SAT test.
ClientsABC news, Time Magazine, Xavier University, Comair, Parsons Brinckerhoff, Vision Land Development, Turnbull-Wahlert Construction, Cincinnati Capital Properties, Speaking of Women's Health, Avery Graphics, Equality Cincinnati, The Civic Garden Center of Greater Cincinnati.
May 2008 - Jul 2009
Senior Account Counselor
Strategic communications counselor leading major accounts for a growing business communications consulting firm. Areas of focus include target market insights, key message development and alignment, stakeholder communication planning, Web site redesign and content strategy, social network integration, media and community relations, events, Web collateral production and other Web 2.0 initiatives.
- Led major Web site redesign projects for three different clients integrating content management, search optimization, multimedia, social networking and customer service portals.
- Developed and recommended strategies to drive Web traffic and improve search ranking by using Web based initiatives such as inbound link plans, e-news, Web publication, Web seminars, podcasts, blogs, blog comment and You Tube.
- Successfully managed crisis communication for various clients. Issues included a security breach compromising customer files, the shut down of a construction project amid allegations of mismanagement, a business relocation announcement with negative economic development consequences to the current location, service reduction and price increases.
- Participated in a key market research initiative for Cincinnati Museum Center. The research findings contributed to the organization reconsidering plans to ask voters for a tax increase.
ClientsCincinnati Museum Center, Port of Greater Cincinnati Development Authority, Cincinnati, Metro, Medpace, Hixson Architecture and Engineering, Modern Office Methods, Miller Valentine.
Mar 2007 - May 2008
Assistant Director, Center for Entrepreneurship
Princeton Review ranked Xavier University 11th most entrepreneurial campus in the country. As the Assistant Director of the Center for Entrepreneurship at the Williams College of Business, I was responsible for working with faculty to create and market innovative programming to educate, inspire and support entrepreneurial concepts and leadership. Our stakeholders included students, alumni and the local business community. Accomplishments
- Sustained a top 20 national ranking in entrepreneurship.
- Supported the development and growth of three student owned and operated businesses and advised on business plans for others.
- Led a major initiative to design, build and open an on-campus, student business incubator which included work stations with business software resources, a research and inspiration library and multimedia center.
- Maintained and advanced relationships with the Center's Board of Advisors, planned and ran quarterly meetings, facilitated committee work, prepared and distributed board communication.
1995 - 2000
Reported and produced news stories for up to five newscasts per day. Duties included researching, writing, interviewing, scheduling, collaborating with the production team, voicing, appearing on-camera and directing all aspects of production.Achievements
- Emmy Award for Feature Reporting
- Cultivated contacts with community, political, and business leader.
- Excellent reputation for clear, concise and creative writing.
Other Television News ExperienceWLWT-TV Cincinnati OHKDFW-TV Dallas Texas