Market Data Developer
Dekabank/Deutsche Girozentrale Frankfurt/Main
Since November 2007 I have been working for Dekabank / Deutsche Girozentrale in Frankfurt/Main.
Member of the market data team I am responsible for data quality management and configuration and further development of the bank's market data system.
My tasks comprise in detail:
- Front End programming: Implementation of tools to pilote and communicate with different systems and databases
- Implementation of data quality assurance/control algorithms and integration of the latter into the existing architecture (mostly market data system or front office system)
- Interconnection tests (in connection with data processing running through several different platforms/databases via different interfaces)
- Testing specific software solutions provided by other departments to be incorporated into the market data system
- Configuration of Databases according to both technical and business requirements
- Data quality assurance/control on a daily basis
- Conceiving amendments to existing architecture due to current requirements
- Translating IT needs into business needs and vice versa: Communication with customers or deliverers who frequently retrieve data from market database or new customers or deliverers to understand new requests and implement them. Conversely, new requests concerning systems in the bank other than the market data system need to be discussed with the IT - department in charge
- Design of interfaces to customer or deliverer systems
- Incorporation of new regulatory requirements into the technical environment