Athletics, Hiking, Traveling, Snowboarding, and Maryland Blue Crabs
Tamara is a Senior Consultant with the Financial & Enterprise Data Analytics team at FTI Consulting. She has experience analyzing large, disparate and complex data sets in numerous industries, ranging from consumer finance, health insurance litigation, distribution of a restitution fund and United States historical trust accounting. Tamara enjoys the team-setting her career track has put her on and looks forward to working with teams as she progresses.
Tamara earned her Bachelor’s of Business Administration from James Madison University, in the fields of Finance and Marketing. While at James Madison, she served as Vice President of her Sorority and was involved in a range of extra curricular activities, such as campus tours, and the Madison Investment Fund.
Tamara is an eager learner – she looks forward to new challenges and broadening her horizons. As her career progresses and becomes more flexible, she would like to become involved in volunteering with the Girl Scouts of the USA and Junior League.
Jan 2010 - Present
Senior Consultant with the Financial and Enterprise Data Analytics team
- Act as a mentor for new hires and new experienced employees
- Work with data sets to normalize and prepare for analysis
- Perform analysis on data sets; utilizing SQL Server, Microsoft Access and Excel
- Develop training quick start guides for new hires, solutions repository for Directors and Managing Directors
Jul 2007 - Jan 2010
Forensic & Litigation Consultant with the Financial & Enterprise Data Analytics (FEDA) team
Project background includes:
·United States Historical Trust Accounting
oTeam Leader , cancelled checks and Treasury monies manual mapping
oTransaction Mapping: manual matching of missing transactions utilizing SQL Server, Microsoft Access and review of hard copies of Treasury Information
·Defense of a Major Credit Card Company
oAnalysis of nearly 2 billion transactional records from company’s system
oSearch for matching debits/credits and refunds
·Defense of Individual Charged with two Counts of Securities Fraud and one of Conspiracy
oProcessed market patterns, patterns of individual and date of release of information to public to show trading patterns, gains and losses
·Review of Evidence for Distribution of Monies from Restitution Fund
oReviewed hard copy evidence to verify quantities, locations and dates of sold propane.
Jun 2006 - Aug 2006
Commercial Real Estate Leasing Intern
- Became proficient with MRI (Management Reports International) CoStar & CoStar Tenant.
- Developed space update mailers for current and prospective tenants.
- Developed a budget comparison based on data from years’ past.
- Worked to develop an extrapolation of private share value based on past data and expected growth values.
- Cold calling of prospective tenants and former prospective tenants.
Jun 2005 - Aug 2005
Accounting Department Intern
Minibar Systems USA
- Work with the company’s Accounts Receivable and Payable Accounts
- Worked with accounting software ACCPAC
- Helped to convert company's hard copy contract library to electronic version