- Accounts professional with 12 years of experience in the areas of Finance, Finalisation of Accounts, Budgeting, MIS, Taxation, Auditing, Commercial Operations and Fund Management.
- Presently associated with Rediffusion Dentsu Young & Rubicam Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai as General Manager - Finance
- A strategic planner with expertise in analyzing existing systems & procedures, preparing new Business / Client Fee plans, designing internal control systems and facilitating effective decision-making.
- An effective communicator with excellent relationship building, analytical and negotiation skills with experience in liaising with banks, regulatory authorities, suppliers and clients.
- Gained thorough knowledge of Bank Guarantees, cash flow and budgeting.
Aug 2009 - Present
General Manager - Finance
Strategic Financial Management / New Initiatives
- Have worked in Delhi, Chennai, Bangalore and currently Mumbai.
- Heading finance functions involving designing & implementing systems, policies & procedures to facilitate internal financial control towards the accomplishment of organisational goals.
Budgeting & MIS
- Formulating budgets and analysing variances to determine difference between projected & actual results and implementing corrective actions.
- Supervising the preparation of MIS reports and other statements to provide feedback to top management on financial performance viz. fund management, credit control, profitability, etc.
Accounts Payable / Receivables
- Interacting with suppliers / creditors for timely payments and handling receivables through ageing analysis to ensure the target with prominence to client satisfaction.
- Preparing outstanding statements, decentralized billing / invoices and payment cheques / vouchers.
- Performing the reconciliation of accounts for yearly financial closing.
- Ensuring speedy processing of payments to creditors and preparing credit notes.
Fund Sourcing & Control
- Liaising and negotiating with banks to meet working capital requirements.
- Monitoring the inflow & outflow of funds and ensure optimum utilisation of available funds in profitable investments to accomplish organisational goals.
Accounts & Costing
- Finalising the accounts according to the IGAP.
- Quarterly closing.
- Designing & implementing systems & procedures for the preparation & maintenance of statutory books of accounts and financial statements, ensuring compliance with time & accuracy norms.
- Liaising with banks for long/short term loans and managing the working capital.
- Monitoring and ensuring commercial invoices, prepared as per the tax planning and with in the accounting norms.
- Supervising interaction with govt. departments and regulatory authorities for ensuring compliance with various statutory obligations.
- Coordinating with Internal and Statutory Auditors to complete their audits for finalization of balance sheet.
- Evaluating internal control systems / procedures, preparing audit reports with a view to highlight the shortcomings and implementing necessary recommendations.
- Understanding audit requirements; observing & validating process for following quality procedures.
- Ensure necessary SOX compliance and maintain related records.
- Size of turnover handled Rs 250 Crores
- Managed DSO below the required target.
- Kept the finance cost below minimum compared to budget.
- Managed a team of 15 members.
Aug 2007 - Aug 2009
General Manager- Finance
Rediffusion DYR Pvt Ltd
General Manager Finance at Rediffusion DYR Heading Accounting and Finance Funtion for South India
Apr 2004 - Aug 2007
Rediffusion DYR Pvt Limited
was responsible for Finance & Accounting of Rediffusion DYR & Wunderman India ( Chennai )