Summit Business Media
- Manage the editorial department of the Agent’s Sales Journal, a national business-to-business brand delivering print and online content to more than 700,000 life and health insurance agents each month.
- Responsible for the planning and publication of an average of 50 briefs, profiles, and feature-length articles each month. Plan, assign and create new online content, webinars and award-winning interactive tools on an as-needed basis.
- Format, optimize and load new web content into SharePoint content-management system.
- Create, maintain and enforce an editorial production calendar of 10 to 20 regular projects per month. Manage live projects to ensure on-time and quality delivery.
- Write two original blog posts per week; assign regular guest and contributing bloggers based on trends, topics and potential incoming traffic from their existing following.
- Record a monthly podcast with industry experts; oversee additional podcasts recorded by an associate editor.
- Oversee the production of 11 e-newsletters, each sent to 50,000 professionals twice per month, and an additional e-newsletter sent to 600,000 industry professionals. Ten e-newsletters drive traffic to our brand's featured channels, offering a new level of specialized content to our target audience. Responsible for assigning and gathering content for e-newsletters and managing their production cycle.
- Oversee publication’s social media efforts, including daily interaction with Facebook fans, Twitter followers and LinkedIn group members
- Regularly review site analytics to track and analyze traffic to our publication, unique page views, e-newsletter open and click-through rates, visits per visitor, and activity on site. Recommend new approaches and initiatives geared toward improving traffic or leveraging site trends. Responsible for exceeding our brand's traffic goals for nine months in a row, and growing page views from 9,000 in January 2010 to 62,000 in August 2010.
- Work with e-marketing department to develop Google AdWords campaigns based on recent content; repackages existing content to deliver to readers and potential readers in a way that makes sense for that particular audience.
- Oversee publication's market research efforts, leading eight research projects per year that are geared toward analyzing our target audience's activity in a number of product markets. Analyze and package market research results in a way that will help readers understand how their peers are working and how they can improve their own business.
- Supervise an in-house associate editor, as well as a half-dozen paid freelance writers and hundreds of contributing industry writers.
- Work closely with art director and graphic design staff to conceptualize story packaging and presentation.