Hennie holds degrees in Law, Business and Psychology from South African Universities. He has consulted and led project teams internationally for several large business consultancies who guarantee bottom line results. For the past twelve years banks and shareholders have called upon him to either start up several ventures or to turn underperforming companies around on a contract assignment basis. He has also managed a number of mergers and acquisitions for pre-listing purposes.
He has extensive business knowledge of analysing the underlying causes for poor performing organisations, the implementation of corporate recovery and the establishment of companies from concept to funding and implementation.
Companies turned around, performance improvement and establishment are diverse and fall into the following categories:
1. Mining (Gold, Coal; underground, open cast, and surface operations)
2. Timber (Milling, furniture manufacture, wholesale and retail)
3. Tourism (All aspects from promotion to hotel and resort management, including game park
4. Engineering (From jobbing shops to civil, mechanical, and electrical and civil engineering
5. Food (From the manufacture and wholesale/retail of animal feeds to packaged spices, soups,
sauces and flavouring and the international marketing of these products.)
6. Retail (FMCG, fresh fruit, vegetables, meat)
7. Airways (Service level improvement to profit enhancement)
8. Manufacture (Chemicals, Paint, Steel sheeting, Furniture, Household utensils, motor vehicle
components, steel smelting, tinned food, etc.)
9. Farming (Feedlots, abattoirs, crop and breed selection, first phase value addition, marketing fresh
produce internationally, packing, post harvest management, transport and logistics including cold
chain and controlled atmospheric management.) 10. Communication (GSM, CDMA, VOIP,
11. Financial Services (Mobile Commerce, Banking and Insurance)
12. Logistics Load brokering, vehicle scheduling.