Feeding America San Diego
- Identify opportunities and proactively pitch local print, online and broadcast media on FASD’s mission, programs, research and events.
- Develop and implement outreach and media relations as part of annual marketing and communications plan.
- Prepare and distribute media kits, news releases, media advisories, fact sheets, talking points, op-eds and other press materials in support of outreach efforts, special events and cause marketing campaigns.
- Coordinate interviews with internal and external experts, organize press conference logistics, and arrange site tours as needed.
- Track press coverage for department and campaign reporting. Maintain media distribution lists.
- Serve as organizational social media lead by working cross-departmentally to gather content, photos, videos, and messages for timely distribution on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Monitor and track social media engagement metrics to gage effectiveness and message focus.
- Monitor all social media accounts to engage online community, answer questions, educate the public, and promote FASD’s partners, volunteers, advocates and supporters.
- Write blog posts, serve as co-editor, coordinate post schedule, engage with visitors and request guest blog posts from appropriate partners.
- Develop quarterly newsletter storyboard and assign topics, coordinate interviews, write articles by deadline.