- Resourceful executive with significant experience in International Operations, Finance, Mergers & acquisitions, Capital Placement, establishing/reorganizing finance functions to improve efficiency & reduce overhead costs.
- Experience includes managing Operations, Finance functions for a FORTUNE 500 company, PE ownership, international operations covering 60 countries in Americas, Europe, Asia and Middle East, and Business & Strategic advice to major corporations.
- Provided strategic leadership to Business Operations, Organizational Development, Strategic Planning, Corporate Development, Finance, Accounting and Treasury, IT, HR and Administration functions.
- Able to thrive in dynamic and fluid environments while maintaining a strategic and pragmatic focus on results.
- Results-oriented, decisive leader with strategic thinking to align functional responsibilities with corporate vision.
- Have strong teamwork and team building skills and able to utilize them in a highly decentralized organization to build consensus and resolve conflicts constructively.
- Board Member to multiple organizations
- Motivational Speaker and Executive Coach to C level executives
To be an effective team player of a multi-disciplinary organization, to provide leadership and direction to the Enterprise in order to create shareholder and enterprise value by leveraging the Operations/Finance/Strategic Planning/Corporate Development functions.
2010 - Present
Executive Vice President - Operations & Finance, Interim President
Wilson & Associates LLC
Wilson is a world leader in Interior Design Architectural services with a global footprint. P&L responsibilities of Revenues >$50MM and EBITDA >$7MM for Operations, Finance, Strategic Planning, Corporate Development, Marketing. Lead operations from 8 offices across the globe.
- Established operations in India, Macao, Europe and Middle East.
- Led the organization through management, ownership and brand identity changes.
- Led change management for the transition of the organization.
- Created Go-to Market Strategy.
- Identified new Business lines and Service Verticals.
- Led the successful exit of PE ownership, including selecting Investment bank for the transaction and review/negotiations with potential bidders/buyers.
- Created a strategic vision for the future laying out a 5 year road map for the future.
- Established an HR organization for Talent Management – Attraction, Retention and Development
- Established the Business Development organization.
- Raised capital through banking facilities for operating and growth capital.
- Lead the M&A activity with reviewing potential targets, negotiations.
- Increased the backlog 2.0X,
- Increased cross office service capabilities for project execution.
- Improved bottom-line profitability 25% with improved fiscal governance.
- Increased Revenue by 40% and doubled EBITDA during a 4 year period.
- Established offshore design centers to take advantage of labor arbitrage for improved operating margins.
- Improved AR DSO days and cash collections by 35%.
- Created a Business Performance Measurement system with focus on Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) this led to improved focus on fiscal management across the operations.
- As a Board participant gave leadership to the strategic planning and Corporate Development.
Mar 2009 - Feb 2010
Providing financial and strategic consulting services on international business expansions, mergers and acquisitions, strategic alliances and conducting market analysis. Clients have been from various industries including engineering, architecture, Themed Entertainment, Digital Gaming and media solutions.
Jun 2007 - Feb 2009
Chief Financial Officer
Cumming Group Inc.
Cumming is a boutique Cost and Project management services firm servicing clients nationwide. CFO, with full responsibility for financial and strategic leadership of the company. Directed financial planning, accounting, Treasury, tax, HR, Administration, IT and Mergers & Acquisition functions through an 18 member team.
- Led M&A activity with reviewing potential targets, negotiations, due diligence and post-merger integration.
- Led the capital placement with banks to raise additional capital.
- Instituted robust Business Planning for better projection of both Financial and strategic goals.
- Created a Business Performance Management (BPM) system to evaluate Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to assist in quicker and effective analysis of the performance of the operations.
- Led ERP implementation of Deltek Vision 5.
- Created Web-based Intranet Portal for exchange of information and providing team members with access to critical business information.
- Developed Project based Job Costing models for measurement of project profitability.
- Created the IT Infrastructure for Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plans.
- Improved AR collections by 30 days and reduced working capital needs through efficient working capital management.
Feb 2001 - May 2007
Assistant Corporate Controller
AECOM Technology Corporation
AECOM is $6.0 billion provider of engineering, architectural and design services and is ranked among the top 3 Global Engineering & construction (E&C) firms in various disciplines with global operations in over 60 countries.
- Performed due diligence for M&A targets and business function review on potential targets and related transaction components.
- Executed Post-Merger integration of acquisitions to ensure seamless and cost-effective transitions.
- Directed preparation of Strategic/Operating annual and 5 year plans
- Raised Capital fromBanking groups (negotiated banking facilities in excess of $300MM), Investment Banks (raised subordinated Debt of $100MM) and Private Equity firms (raised $235MM).
- Executed company's Initial Public Offering (IPO) on NYSE, one of the largest IPO's by an E&C firm
- Ensured compliance with SEC reporting requirements in preparation of the financial statements.
- Team Lead for SOX implementation for the Corporate Finance function
- Project Lead for ERP implementation (Oracle 11i and Hyperion) from vendor selection to project execution.
- Directed GAAP research to enable the company to implement new US and International standards. Lead person for addressing technical issues pertaining to GAAP.
- Coordinated audits with external auditors to ensure smooth and efficient audit
Oct 1995 - Jan 2001
COO/Chief Financial Officer - International(Europe, Middle East and Asia - EMEA)
AECOM Technology Corporation (DMJM International)
DMJM International was the international arm of AECOM for operations in Middle East, Europe and Asia and had revenues around $100 million. Responsible for Finance, Strategic Planning, Tax, Treasury, HR, IT and administrative functions through a team of 25+ team members.
- Transitioned the finance function into a matrix organization and improved the efficiencies of the finance function resulting in lower cost of services and reduced the overhead costs by 20%.
- Established international banking relationships, strategies for currency hedging & multi-currency payments
- Negotiated bonding and lending facilities at several international banks for working capital needs.
- Performed strategic/operating planning (1/5 year plans) for the global operations and was also tasked with operational responsibilities by the management.
- Executed cross-border transactions and managed the F/X risks and achieved minimal losses during the South East Asian currency crisis (1997-98).
- Negotiated contract terms with customers, joint venture partners and vendors for large projects (ranging from $50MM to $200MM) regarding tax issues, payment, foreign currency terms and bonding issues.
- Developed tax strategies and performed international tax planning for global operations to minimize tax burden.
- Established risk management benchmarks for contractual and financial issues. Also conducted reviews of contractual issues and drafted risk mitigation clause for tenders and contract documents.
Sep 1993 - Oct 1995
Associate, Tax Advisory Services
Ernst & Young - Kuwait
- Managed a portfolio of approx. 75 clients (40% of client base) in Oil & Gas and E&C and achieved client satisfaction level of 100%. Increased the client base by 60% in that time. Some key FORTUNE 500 clients were Flour, Bechtel, Parsons, Nestle, Toshiba, McDonald’s, Kellogg Brown & Root, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, and Twentieth Century Fox.
- Provided strategic advice on complex tax issues involving international tax treaties. Increased billings by 30% for the strategic and assurance services.
- Managed negotiations of complex tax assessments and performed transaction planning. Achieved 75% ($5MM) tax savings for an oil services company. Obtained tax refunds exceeding $30MM for a Japanese heavy equipment supplier.
- Practice lead for the Kuwait-Japanese foreign tax desk, increased fee revenue by 150%.
- Supervised, trained a team of 6 staff associates in client service delivery & engagement execution which resulted in improved service margins of 20%.
Apr 1989 - Aug 1993
Manager, Business & Assurance Advisory Services
Pricewaterhouse Coopers - India
- Established the Internal/Management Audit advisory practice.
- Planned and executed SOX level internal control consulting projects which included Internal control design, documentation, testing and design of remediation controls at both entity and process levels.
- Team Lead for Systems re-engineering studies for the Business Advisory practice. Provided key recommendations for process improvement which resulted in average 10% improvement in ROI. In one instance our study was the key determining factor for Electrolux's acquisition of the leading white goods manufacturer as its entry vehicle into the Indian appliances market.
- Led the Financial Services Practice and executed due-diligence, feasibility and profitability studies. These studies were performed for leading global entities for market penetration, Public-Private divestments and mergers and acquisitions.
- Associate Member of American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Fellow Member of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
- Associate Member of Institute of Cost & Works Accountants of India
Certified Public Accountant (California - Inactive)