Dec 2006 - Present
Kforce Professional Staffing
- Create motivational internal communications campaigns for a national staffing agency with more than 2,000 employees in 60 offices and annual revenues of nearly $1 billion.
Mar 2010 - Present
Online Brand Manager
- Develop and implement marketing and communications strategies to drive traffic and sales for ProjectorPeople.com, a $50-million B2B and B2C ecommerce division of AVI SPL, a $1-billion AV company.
- Project manager; lead a team of five on public relations, content and marketing initiatives. Hire freelancers and outside vendors. Supervise one direct report.
- Manage Projector People's $1.24 million online advertising budget; develop banner ads, liaise with Google Adwords account manager, work with external advertising agency on messaging and graphics.
- Develop and lead Projector People's $1 million annual online co-op marketing program for partners including Sony, Canon, Panasonic and others. Direct partner advertising, merchandising and customer communications.
- Represented ProjectorPeople.com to internal and external stakeholders. Attended the 2010 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas to sell the site’s marketing program to current and potential vendors.
- Edit Projector People's Facebook, Twitter and YouTube profiles; develop an active, knowledgeable audience for the Projector People blog. Wrote the two most commented posts in the blog’s seven-year history.
- Directed the Cyber Monday 2010 sale which generated more than $1 million in sales and broke all previous sales records. Secured vendor sponsorship, managed online promotions and handled post-sale reporting.
- Conceptualized, implemented and promoted the company’s first Backyard Theater Contest. The contest boosted blog traffic 40% compared to the previous summer; blog-related revenue increased 107%.
Nov 2005 - Feb 2010
- Lead online and print coverage of the breaking news and city government beats for a major Pulitzer Prize-winning metro news provider with more than 500,000 daily online and print readers.
- Drive traffic to the website through extensive use of social networking media including Twitter and Facebook; weaving SEO into story copy; and frequent blogging.
- Create alternative storytelling formats to capture profiles of people in the community with unique stories to tell; also write lifestyle pieces with a flair for the unusual angle, from the fitness benefits of shopping to using feng shui to boost your career.
- Generate “out of the box” story ideas and convert them into highly engaging content that has been republished in the Orlando Sentinel, Chicago Tribune, Scripps Howard News, Bust, among others.
- Embraced diverse projects from writing the paper’s disaster recovery plan to organizing a roundtable discussion among high school students for a multipage back-to-school feature.
Sep 2001 - Jun 2005
What's Happening Publications
- Managed 20 accounts for two college-targeted publications. Wrote and designed ads.
Certified HTML Developer