HECTOR D. REYES
163 Broadfield Road
New Rochelle, New York 10804
email@example.com - 917.771.9827
HEALTHCARE ADMINISTRATION / OPERATIONS / MANAGEMENT
A global Executive with a strong business acumen and in-depth comprehensive knowledge of all functional areas.Possess collaborative and partnering abilities in order to meet aggressive business goals.Expertise in advancing an organization?s essential mission and business goals through use of team-building, creative problem-solving and strong multi-tasking skills in the development of effective strategies.Skilled in introducing non-conventional solutions for complex issues.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
P&L, Strategic Planning, Project Management, Organization Change, Sales & Marketing, Managed Care, Hospital Administration, Business Plan Creation, State/Federal Regulations, Grant Writing, Cost Containment Allocation Methodologies, Build High-Performance Teams, Contract Negotiations, Medical Informatics, Costs Constrain, and Medical Economics.
* Raised electronic medical records and biometrics technology market share three-fold.Contributed to the application for the National 2008 TEPR Award on Medico-Legal Technology, expanded Internet presence, established affiliations with physician associations and promoted the publication of articles about patient biometrics in major magazines.
* Turned around a financially failing hospital by launching a direct marketing campaign resulting in increasing community physicians? affiliation 100% raising monthly admissions by 33%.The hospital is now profitable.
* Adopted a new enrollment process for an independent physician association resulting in membership increase of 300%, and annual revenues of $3M.
* Implemented the administrative setup of a medical practice from the onset to fruition, encompassing immigration medical clearance. Ran Pediatrics and Internal Medicine practice in New York. In 2008, offered operations / management services for Clinica Modelo new diagnostic center in Washington Heights. Currently, provide management services for Boston Road Pediatrics, in the Bronx.
* Increased a NY health plan?s Medicaid products by creating a culturally sensitive direct marketing campaign resulting in reaching 10,000 new members and goal attainment in half the time.
* Wrote and negotiated a Medicare risk contract for an independent physician association reaching more than 4000 lives, and resource utilization average of 60%.
* Balanced a hospital?s crucial budget by creating a network of referring physicians, implementing a fast-track admission structure and patient transportation system resulting in the balancing of the admission/discharge ratio.
* Conducted a feasibility study assessing the need for dental services among dual Medicare/Medicaid patients resulting in a capitation based contract between a NY association of independent Dentists, and a local HMO that generates more than $50K in administration fees, and approximately $1M annually.
* Appealed and awarded the continuation of a five-year federal $4.5M grant for science education program by writing and implementing a formal business plan.Exceeded expectations by approximately 200%.
* Improved science scores 25% by writing curriculum and implementing programs district-wide.
* Charged with managing a newly donated $4M computer lab resulting in creating a technology-based Science program that is operational today.
* Secured a $1.3M grant for health education that resulted in a significant reduction of the incidence of preventable diseases, and an increase of the availability of local nutritional resources.
NETREY CONSULTANTS, CORP New York, NY2004 - Present
A healthcare consulting organization serving hospitals, HMOs, IPAs, and medical practices in New York.
Principal / Senior Consultant
Responsible for problem assessment, and strategies implementation for problem solving.
EMEDICALFILES, INC Atlanta, GA2007 - 2009
A $60M medical informatics, and patient biometrics provider.
Senior Vice President, Business Development
Responsible for market share acquisition, new products and services creation, identify and open new markets.Reported to Chief Executive Officer.
ST. LUKE’S ROOSEVELT HOSPITAL, INC, New York, NY2006 - 2007
A member of the Continuum Health Partners system, a nonprofit hospital system in New York City that comprises five historically distinguished hospitals.
Responsible for market assessment, planning and execution of an online patient referral system.Reported to Vice President-Ambulatory Care.
CITY COLLEGE OF NEW YORK, CUNY, New York, NY2003 - 2008
CCNY is the oldest college of the City University of New York, founded in 1847.
Adjunct Professor of Science
Taught Inquiry Science and Fundamentals of Science Education courses for graduate programs.
CORINTHIAN MEDICAL IPA, New York, NY2003 - 2006
A 300-member independent physician association with commercial, Medicaid, and Medicare managed care contracts in metropolitan New York.
Director of Operations
Responsible for working in partnership with the President and Chairman of the Board of Directors to ensure the successful implementation of the strategic work plan, with a budget of $3M and 10 direct reports.
THE NATIONAL SCIENCE FOUNDATION / NYC DEPT. OF EDUCATION, BX, NY1988 - 2006
A $4.5M NSF grant for professional development and Inquiry-based Science Education.
Principal Investigator / District Science Coordinator / Science Educator
Responsible for the design, development, and implementation of inquiry-based methods for Science Education; it included associated standard, and training of staff in new pedagogical methods and technologies. In-charge of curriculum development and Science instruction.Reported to District Superintendent with a budget of $1.5M and 135 direct reports.
MBAUniversity of Tennessee at Knoxville, School of Business, Knoxville, TN
MDAutonomous University of Santo Domingo, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
BIOLOGY CERTIFICATION University of the State of New York
Healthcare Management, Healthcare Statistics, Columbia University, Biology & General Science Certification-University of the Sate of NY, Science & Mathematic Educational Reform Training-University of Puerto Rico, NY, Medical Informatics: Biometric Readers, GA
American College of Healthcare Executives, American College of Physician Executives, Association of Hispanic Healthcare Executives, National Hispanic Chamber of Commerce on Health, Teacher Renewal for the Urban Science Teaching (Advisor Board Member), Children’s Education Program-NY Botanical Gardens (Advisor Board Member), The NJ Math & Science Partnership-Rutgers University, United Federation of Teachers
MS Office Suite, Visio, Adobe Photoshop, NT and Linux Servers, E-Commerce and Internet technologies, electronic health records and practice management systems.
The Hispanic Development Foundation, Inc. Founder.