- Analyze the value chain to reduce the environmental and social impacts of suppliers, products and services.
- Assess the exposure to environmental and social risks
- Ensure compliance with mandatory regulations and voluntary frameworks such as sectoral codes of conduct
- Develop issue-specific strategies in areas such as energy efficiency and carbon reduction, water efficiency, waste reduction and biodiversity conservation
- Establish relevant and robust targets and key performance indicators by which to measure progress
- Review core processes across all functions, and identify and implement changes required
- Identify training needs, and develop and deliver training programs for employees and suppliers
- Engage and incentivize employees to achieve sustainable business targets
- Monitor and measure the environmental and social impacts of the business and the value chain including carbon emissions, water use and waste
- Monitor the performance of the suppliers against codes of conduct or environmental and social requirements
- Analyze information gathered to provide new insights and to adjust the strategy as required.
- Verify the sustainability performance of the suppliers
- Report information for specific purposes such as the Carbon Disclosure Project and sustainability índices
- Design and implement evaluation programs
- Measure the return on investment of initiatives and conduct cost/benefit analyses.