I am a motivated young professional with over two years' experience of supervised administration in a hectic Engineering department. I work tirelessly to minimize the "potholes" in the road to my company's success -- always with a friendly smile and positive attitude.
Dean of Students Office, Wells College -- August-September 2005, 2006
- Assisted with the set-up and facilitation of campus-wide events and programs for two incoming freshman classes, helping them to feel comfortable in a new environment.
- Supervised a diverse group of 20 students during Orientation Week, leading them on campus tours and creating “icebreaker” activities to help foster bonds within the group.
- Excelled at and truly enjoyed motivating and working with "diverse groups": people with distinct personalities and experiences, hailing from many backgrounds and circumstances.
Jul 2007 - Present
Engineering R&D and Field Applications Engineering Departments, inc.jet Inc.
• Assisted the Director of Engineering in the smooth execution of department operations.• Developed department-wide policies and procedures, including a new project management/customer support strategy and flex time policy.• Facilitated cooperation between the department and Human Resources, Information Services and Sales, acting as the primary "go-to" for any and all situations.• Generated and edited technical and non-technical documents, including:
- Product manuals
- Customer training materials
- Marketing newsletters and pamphlets
- Department budgets reports
- Project and staff status reports
- Labor Hour vs. Project Analyses
• Trained all staff and interns in new and existing procedures, software and policies.• Scheduled performance reviews, handled confidential paperwork and record maintenance.• Answered the technical support hotline, acting as the initial filter for busy Application Engineers.• Coordinated training visits, hospitality needs and training material updates and revisions.• Maintained department records on a shared company drive. Examples:
- Equipment loans to customers
- Purchase orders and requisitions
- Expense reports
- Budget debits/credits
- Monthly budget totals
- PTO (Allotment and Use)
- Open purchase orders with off-site contracts.
• Handled invoices and record-keeping for off-site contracts. • Managed two development projects to completion.
Jan 2007 - May 2007
Office of Campus Involvement, Wells College
• Performed general event planning and office duties, such as:
- Managing and archiving performer contracts
- Setting up housing for entertainers and guest speakers
- Updating the web-based, campus-wide master calendar
- Maintaining the budget ledger on the college’s computer network
• Generated student interest through posters, brochures and flyers created in MS Publisher and Office; I also heavily implemented email and internet resources such as Facebook.
• Reorganized office and filing management system after office location changed, creating electronic and hard copy archives which resulted in an overall increase in efficiency. • Collected and analyzed data from the annual student interest survey through SurveyMonkey.
• Acted as a first resource to the student body:
- Assisted students with the timely completion of event registrations
- Answered questions and provided quality information
- Enforced and clarified policies
- Resolved conflicts while maintaining a positive and professional attitude
May 2005 - Aug 2005
Yamanashi-ken, Nanbu-cho, Japan
- Taught English to Japanese students ranging from kindergarten to 6th grade, created lesson plans and teaching aids.
- Taught English weekly to a group of adult students in nearby Kofu, learning to change my teaching style to accommodate for differences in proficiency and age.
- Continued my studies of the Japanese language and culture, learned new driving rules with an international license, and learned to function in a foreign country -- increasing my cultural awareness and autonomy in unfamiliar circumstances.
Sep 2002 - Dec 2006
Foreign Languages, Literatures and Cultures
Bachelor's Degree, May 2007.Honors: Dean’s List (4 semesters), Henry Wells Scholar, Spanish Comprehension Award, H.T. Lower Translation Prize, Student Leadership AwardStudy Abroad Program: Off Campus Study in the Sevilla, Spain Program, Fall Semester 2004.