If you cannot work with love but only with distaste, it is better that you should leave your work. — Kahlil Gibran
Apr 2009 - Present
- Focus on promoting and expanding the reach and impact of the Organizations target audience
- Market educational and advocacy content
- Plan the overall communications strategy, develop branding and messaging then promote the Organization and its programs across various media outlets including traditional media as well as seminar and conference speaking opportunities, and the entire online realm of websites, blogs, wikis, social networks and related portals (e.g. Facebook, You Tube, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.)
- Contribute expertise (e.g. marketing, lobbying, etc) to further the aims of the organization.
Jan 2008 - Present
- Experiment with new and alternative ways to leverage social media activities (“marketing R&D”)
- Create comprehensive social media strategy to define programs that use social media marketing techniques to increase visibility, membership and traffic across all platforms, Implement and manage social media programs
- Monitor trends and applications and appropriately apply obtained knowledge to increase the engagement of customers utilizing social media as the main platform.
- Strategical influence and education the management teams and others involved across the company on how to incorporate relevant social media and engagement techniques into the corporate culture and into all of the company’s products and services
- Measure the impact of social media on the overall marketing efforts
- Social media tools, techniques and maintaining an edge with new platforms
- Marketing (traditional, new media, web 2.0, engagement, informational, guerrilla and ‘word of mouth’)
- Unique Strategy
- Product marketing
- Press, media and consumer relations
- Business development, Sales
- Web 2.0 Technology, internet content and affiliate linking
- Operation Management, Automating
- Financial, quantitative, and lead generation analysis
- Project management, Project fulfillment,
- Willingness to experiment
- Ability to deal with uncertainty and Accountability
- Ability to contribute individually, lead, manage and/or participate in cross-functional teams
- Doggedness and determination
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data into actionable information
- Excellent writing skills, Public Speaking and a willingness to use them
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to create great working relationships with all levels within the company and across multiple disciplines
- Impeccable Sense of humor
Mar 2007 - Dec 2007
Sales Account Representative
Jul 2006 - Mar 2007
- Sourced and screened potential IT candidates for contract openings or future opportunities.
- Established and maintained relationships with consultants/contractors in RTP region.
- Interviewed prospective candidates and educated candidates on Sapphire’s process, realistically set guidelines, and educated candidates about the overall hiring process.
- Negotiated with candidates, extended offers, negotiated compensation, facilitated the placement of candidates and networked to gain referrals for other top talent in the area.
- Updated and tracked candidates and maintained constant communication throughout.
- Increased and updated the number of qualified applicants in the database at the minimum 350/week.
- Submitted only qualified candidates to open job requirements after thoroughly conducting an extensive phone interview.
- Processed and contacted qualified candidates who respond to Sapphire via phone, email or web with in a 24 hour turn around period.
- Maintained working contractors, including tracking all starts and upcoming finishes.
- Networked and referred job order leads and hiring manager names over to Account Managers.