- Analyzed 100 search and agency contracts and annual spending; eliminated agency usage by more than 50 percent and saved approximately $0.5 million per year within 12 months. [webMethods]
- Led successful implementation of global compensation program creating career structures, job families, salary bands, variable bonus/commission plans and equity based programs. [webMethods]
- Developed recruitment methodology and infrastructure [e.spire Communications]
- Successfully implemented management training program, providing managers with leadership tools to manage subordinates activities toward success and drive company goals and initiatives during high growth period. [e.spire Communications & webMethods]
- Revamped performance management program and launched time effective web-based tool which provided organization with core competencies for all job levels, performance reporting, and outlined staff compensation against department budgets for merit award process. [webMethods]
- Directed successful policy implementation and auditing of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance; received 100 percent HR compliance. [WebMethods]
Results-oriented, strategic human resources executive with an impressive record of streamlining operations, developing and implementing organizational solutions, and applying overall resource management expertise to performance-based and customer-focused organizations. Analytical planner; able to collaborate with internal business partners to ensure consistency and compliance. Recognized for the ability to provide results-oriented leadership, utilize effective problem solving skills and implement aggressive strategic planning initiatives within highly competitive industries. Demonstrated effectiveness in providing vision and counsel in turning around under-performing businesses. Skillfully assess organizational challenges and create actionable resolutions. Extensive experience in developing and implementing core programs in performance management and organization development that increase business effectiveness. SPHR certified.
A privately held software company specializing in CRM technology with 300 employees and $20 million revenue.
Vice President Human Resources2007-2009
- Developed recruitment infrastructure to include metrics driven process and procedures disseminating to all facilities within first 6 months of tenure.
- Created compensation program/philosophy through analysis of staff and management feedback and market compensation data; restructured corporate bonus programs, sales commission plans, job levels and pay ranges by job functions based on feedback and market trends.
- Introduced employee rewards and recognition program which provided positive reinforcement of desired staff behaviors while enhancing collaborative and team oriented atmosphere.
- Designed, implemented and facilitated, US and UK management development training and sales excellence programs to provide workforce with necessary skills and proficiencies required to deliver increase productivity.
- Senior business advisor to CEO and leadership team on strategic initiatives targeted at aggressively transitioning Lagan from a start-up to a scalable business.
- EEO & Affirmative Action Reporting
- Developed Diversity and Sexual Harassment policy disseminating to all North American offices
A publicly traded global high-tech company specializing in business process integration software that operates in EMEA, APAC, and North America with 1,200 employees worldwide.
Vice President Human Resources & Administration
2002 to 2007
Directed and managed a global team of 15 HR professionals, 10 remote executive recruiters and 5 facilities staff members in a highly decentralized environment. Exercised full P&L responsibility for both HR and Facilities/Real Estate.
- Sourced and implemented new benefits programs to improve ability to attract and retain talented employees as well as reduce overall annual costs. Through cost management, experience garnered a $1,000,000 cost savings in medical and insurance benefits annually.
- Developed and announced webMethods compensation philosophy through focused survey feedback, line management focus group participation and market compensation analysis. Restructured corporate bonus programs, sales commission plans, job levels and pay ranges by job functions based on compensation philosophy and market trends. Implemented and provided training on salary administration policy worldwide for all supervisors.
- Introduced “Live & Work Well at webMethods” wellness program focused at proactively addressing employee health and well-being concerns to further reduced webMethods healthcare costs.
- Key member of Mergers & Acquisition team; managed and supported HR due diligence efforts for seven acquisitions over a five year period.
- Developed and implemented full service recruiting arm within HR Department. This team of six recruiters successfully hired 300 new employees as part of a global hiring objective for fiscal year 2006 and 2007.
- Reduced total number of day to fill a position from 60 to 35 by launching local external focus groups and streamlining recruiting process globally.
- Met federal and state compliance requirements by launching annual CBT Anti-Harassment training to 200 supervisory staff in North America
Human Resources Business Partner Director (Promoted to Vice President in 2005)
Led a team of three employees and managed all North America HR for finance, marketing and information systems supporting more than 500 employees. Directed all compensation review, audits and quarterly bonus payouts. Managed all employee relations activities, HR policies and new hire orientation for North America.
- Conducted sexual harassment and performance management training to more than 50 field managers.
- Managed Employee Relations matters for NA Business Units
- Developed and Implemented Behavioral Assessment Tool for Corporate Headquarters
- Managed Employee Performance Management and Appraisal system
A leading integrated communications provider offering local/long distance, Internet access and advanced data solutions.
Senior Employee Relations Manager1999 to 2002
Managed a team of four HR specialists supporting 2,000 employees nationwide.Reporting directly to EVP of Human Resources, managed all employee relations and corrective action activities. Managed reduction in workforce, layoffs and acquisition plans.
- Worked with executive management, HR Managers and personnel to define specific career path requirements, craft cost-effective strategies in the areas of management development, change management, employee relations, diversity awareness and compliance.
- Key participant in selection, implementation, and configuration of PeopleSoft HRIS implementation
- Assisted in the successful reorganization and restructure after the corporation’s purchase in 2002.
- Trained more than 150 managers on hiring, conflict resolution, and ADA and sexual harassment policies/procedures.
ROBERT HALF INTERNATIONAL – Director of Recruiting
Minnesota mutual – HR Manager
The University of Maryland Medical Center – Personnel Manager
department of defense – HR Specialist