Heather S. Linsk
- East Greenbush NY
Lead Systems Engineer
Lead Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer responsible for Proposal Preparation, Software Task Management, and Requirements Analysis activities on the JLENS program, a 500,000 line real-time embedded application with 80% reuse from another program. JLENS software is being developed in C++ using an object-oriented analysis and design methodology.
Senior Software Engineer
Hired as a Senior Technical producer, promoted to Associate Director of Technical Production where I supervised a group of four web developers, created a new editorial platform and represented the web development department in weekly executive level meetings. Promoted to Director of Engineering where I performed risk management of complex projects, requirements building, project planning, problem diagnosis and resolution, and crisis management. StarMedia is a leading web portal for Spanish and Portuguese speaking people living in Latin America. StarMedia serves 4 billion page views a quarter and serves 20 million unique users.
Director of Engineering
· Managed replacement of existing ad serving system in crisis.
· Evaluated, selected and implemented new ad serving system that provided enhancements over the existing system, directly affecting sales revenue.
· Managed the migration of all products to new ad technology.
· Simultaneous to deployment of new ad serving system, performed risk management of continuous operation of fragile current platform, oversaw engineering and operations teams, performed daily maintenance and controls to guarantee system survival.
· Architected, developed and maintained tool to track all pages within the StarMedia Network for ad serving and page view measurement.
· Reviewed all specifications for new products and made recommendations to engineering directors as to the course of action to take.
· Acted as representative of engineering department to strategic product and technology meetings.
· Acted as right hand to VP of engineering
· Performed analysis of international engineering efforts to reduce redundancy and improve efficiency.
· Created global standards group that was responsible for defining, documenting, distributing and enforcing global engineering standards.
Associate Director, Technical Production
· Architected, developed and implemented new editorial platform, using StoryServer and Oracle
· Responsible for interviewing and hiring of new technical producers.
· Member of team-leaders that met with the CTO, Vice-president of Engineering and the Vice-president of Product Development for weekly status and development.
· Represented team in weekly status meeting of all product development teams.
· Evaluated, selected and implemented new ad serving system that provided enhancements
Senior Technical Producer
· Involved in the planning and implementation of the StoryServer upgrade from 3.2 to 4.2.2. This involved several stages of testing and verifying site functionality as well as troubleshooting with the systems group as problems arose.
· The first to volunteer and be called upon during crises and, in every instance, played an integral part in the resolution.
Hired as a Programmer/Analyst where I was responsible for mission critical systems analysis and development. Promoted to Analyst where I architected, developed and deployed a data mining system using Essbase for the Circulation department. Promoted to Systems Analyst for the Chicago Tribune website where I architected, developed and deployed several web based systems.
Chicago Tribune – Digital Publishing Systems Analyst 3/1997 – 1/1999
· Used StoryServer, Sybase, and Perl to architect, develop and deploy several web based systems for Chicago Tribune website.
· Created and maintained Y2K project plan for all StoryServer implementations at the Chicago Tribune.
· Project Manager for ChicagoTribune.com re-engineering effort.
· Redesign project won the following awards: Best Online Newspaper over 100,000 circulation, Best Business Section, Best Design, for the “Lost Mariners” feature that was a preview of how version 2 would look.
· Press release at http://www.vignette.com/Downloads/CS_CHITRIB.pdf, http://www.vignette.com/Downloads/CS_TRIBUNECO.pdf
· StoryServer Regional User Group coordinator for the Midwest region
Tribune Information Systems Programmer/Analyst 4/1995 – 3/1997
· Analyzed, developed and recommend solutions for operational problems for clients.
· Prepared functional specifications, technical design, technical specifications, coded, tested, documented and installed system software, modifications and enhancements.
· Project manager for prototype development using Essbase and Excel. Responsible for design phase through implementation phase.
· Built and managed client and vendor contacts.
· Responsible for mission critical systems analysis and development.
· Presented Essbase prototype to Essbase international user conference for Arbor Software’s Dimensions ‘96. Asked to speak at Dimensions ‘97.
Awards: (2) Quality awards for work on Sniper (merchant fraud) and FEDNET (neural network for cardmember fraud) projects, (1) Excellence award for work on TAAP (The Account Activation Project).
Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher, InfoPath, OneNote
Extensive VBA experience for Excel automation
Intermediate VBA experience for Word and Access automation
Certified DOORS 9.x Practioner.
Power User of DOORS, DOORS DXL, Change, Synergy, FocalPoint, RTC
Administration of DOORS, Change, FocalPoint, Jazz Foundation Servers
DOORS DXL, VBA for Excel
Active Secret Clearance