Hired as a Senior Technical producer, promoted to Associate Director of Technical Production where I supervised a group of four web developers, created a new editorial platform and represented the web development department in weekly executive level meetings. Promoted to Director of Engineering where I performed risk management of complex projects, requirements building, project planning, problem diagnosis and resolution, and crisis management. StarMedia is a leading web portal for Spanish and Portuguese speaking people living in Latin America. StarMedia serves 4 billion page views a quarter and serves 20 million unique users.
Director of Engineering
· Managed replacement of existing ad serving system in crisis.
· Evaluated, selected and implemented new ad serving system that provided enhancements over the existing system, directly affecting sales revenue.
· Managed the migration of all products to new ad technology.
· Simultaneous to deployment of new ad serving system, performed risk management of continuous operation of fragile current platform, oversaw engineering and operations teams, performed daily maintenance and controls to guarantee system survival.
· Architected, developed and maintained tool to track all pages within the StarMedia Network for ad serving and page view measurement.
· Reviewed all specifications for new products and made recommendations to engineering directors as to the course of action to take.
· Acted as representative of engineering department to strategic product and technology meetings.
· Acted as right hand to VP of engineering
· Performed analysis of international engineering efforts to reduce redundancy and improve efficiency.
· Created global standards group that was responsible for defining, documenting, distributing and enforcing global engineering standards.
Associate Director, Technical Production
· Architected, developed and implemented new editorial platform, using StoryServer and Oracle
· Responsible for interviewing and hiring of new technical producers.
· Member of team-leaders that met with the CTO, Vice-president of Engineering and the Vice-president of Product Development for weekly status and development.
· Represented team in weekly status meeting of all product development teams.
· Evaluated, selected and implemented new ad serving system that provided enhancements
Senior Technical Producer
· Involved in the planning and implementation of the StoryServer upgrade from 3.2 to 4.2.2. This involved several stages of testing and verifying site functionality as well as troubleshooting with the systems group as problems arose.
· The first to volunteer and be called upon during crises and, in every instance, played an integral part in the resolution.