Sep 2007 - Present
Jun 2006 - Present
- Acted as the Vice President of Marketing for R. Crusoe & Son, a mid-size elite travel company, that did not have marketing expertise, focus, or infrastructure. Presented and sold a plan to the Executive team to create a Marketing Information System with the infrastructure for marketing analytics starting with an analysis of the organization’s information needs and objectives. Prioritized and secured resources from web analytics, to e-mail vendors, to CRM systems to ensure the organization has the proper fit between their information priorities and available budget. Created and executed a research study to form the basis of customer and product segmentation generating more targeted communication and measurement. Launching a new company website to support the unique personality of the brand, increase conversions
- Created brands, corporate identities, positioning, and key messages for new firms in very competitive fields differentiating each from the competition and enabling each to compete with larger competitive firms.
- Increased leads and sales conversions immediately for DeBono Consulting, a large Human Resource training consultant. Accomplished this by re-writing, editing, and re-structuring their e-commerce website to provide qualified leads, better navigation, consistent messages, and better brand support.
- Recognized by the Village of Lemont as a leader while assisting the economic development committee. Saved the village considerable budget dollars by identifying real drivers of growth, re-aligning their strategies and tactics and delivering a plan of action which is measurable and result-driven.
2007 - 2010
Chicagoland Entrepreneurial Center
Oct 2005 - Jul 2006
Marketing & Business Development Consulting
David James Group
- Acting as V.P. Marketing for this boutique marketing agency that needed direction, focus, and organization alignment. Created a plan which identified priority customers, businesses and prospects. Resulted in increased efficiency, organization alignment, and 25% increased revenue in year one.
- Drove creation and implementation of new agency positioning, messaging and presentation templates.
- Created successful marketing plans for many key clients by infusing relevant industry practices with fresh marketing ideas.
- Closed 100% of priority prospects.
Nov 1999 - Sep 2005
Director of Marketing
The NPD Group
Worked directly with CMO on corporate marketing strategy and planning, and drove overall marketing direction and execution throughout the organization. Made significant contributions to the evolution of NPD’s marketing function.
- Established the marketing department for the Chicago, Houston, and Toronto offices which had no prior independent marketing function. Lead the Chicago Business Units to support a non-popular direction securing buy-in and alignment.
- Set new precedence for B2B lead generation programs being the first to leverage search engine marketing with new segmentation models. Leads and sales conversion significantly exceeded the corporate benchmarks by 10 to 15 percent respectively.
- Saved considerable budget dollars by re-purposing and leveraging various integrated marketing programs for multi-purpose use. P & L responsibility for the marketing department, which exceeded $500,000 and always came within budget.
- Launched a new ‘Category Management’ product for the Automotive Aftermarket. Worked with a corporate cross-functional team to shape the product, deliverable, and pricing. Created the positioning and marketing strategy for the product which exceeded company expectations and became a best practice for subsequent product launches.
- Integrated marketing and PR in new ways that increased awareness, generated leads and incremental sales, for a stalled product. Plan provided 300% greater media coverage than years prior thus setting new precedence for NPD. Increased revenue 10% over prior year. Honored with ‘best marketing campaign’’ within NPD for the year.
- As part of the Chicago Executive Team, defined the Chicago office’s long-term strategy and direction. Developed, presented and secured buy-in for the Business Unit marketing strategy to align with the new strategy resulting in a clear marketing vision and buy-in from the organization.
- Established and created the corporate marketing scorecard which ensured accountability to execution and measurement of marketing programs. The scorecard process aligned the entire organization to embrace marketing operations and processes for continual improvement.
- Created new client segmentation and profiling schema to identify greatest potential prospects and focus sales team. Results shortened the sales cycle and improved effectiveness of marketing plans by matching the right tactic to the proper objective.
1996 - 1999
Sr. Business Development Manager
Developed and managed business with Safeway and Dominick’s: a top tier national account. Developed all sales, local marketing, category management, financial, and operational activities. Assessed and controlled financial plan to maximize customer profitability. Conceptualized and articulated complex business problems through impactful presentations to engage senior levels of the customer organization. Developed and aligned customer with measurable and successful category management strategies.
- Managed $30 million dollars in business and $1 million in trade marketing funds consistently finishing year to budget while maximizing customer profitability. Realized 22% growth, on top of a prior double digit growth year, to finish as the Top ten Frito-Lay account in growth.
- Identified opportunity for increased shelf space. Researched the customer, created the plan, and presented to senior levels of the customer organization. Customer accepted the plan resulting in 12% increased shelf space and 30% perimeter space. Motivated customer operations team to align with Frito-Lay sales team resulting in virtually problem-free execution.
- Regularly mobilized Frito-Lay district managers and sales team to embrace programs delivering seamless execution.
- Promotional strategies increased Frito-Lay share by 7.8% in a commodity category.
1991 - 1996
Acosta Sales & Marketing (Professional Marketers, Inc)
1989 - 1991
Edward Don & Company
- Lead district in sales growth after 6 months in position, resulting in increased responsibility to train new employees.
- Aggressively drove territory to grow in excess of 10% over plan each month in territory previously thought to be declining.
- Awarded entire grand opening order for new, upscale country club.Maintained our vendor exclusivity by establishing solid rapport, offering superior customer service and generating unique business ideas.