Geriatric Care Advocate / Trustee
- Create and assemble a care network to assess patients’ medical or physical condition and needs.
- align patient and care network with community resources to access needed financial assistance, legal aid or housing.
- Advocate for patients’ protected rights and take legal action when necessary.
- Conduct recruitment, contracting and training of personnel to assist patient with daily living activities.
- Coordinate discharge from care facilities to home or other care facility(s).
- Modify treatment plans to address changes in patients’ status.
- Monitor, evaluate, and record patients’ condition according to measurable goals described in treatment and care plan.
- Identify environmental impediments to patients’ safety and palliative care through weekly review of treatment records and discussions with care network participants.
- Develop and maintain digitized record system(s) to store and process data such as medical personnel activities and treatment information to create summary reports.