Director of Software Engineering
Utility Automation Integrators
UAI was mainly a GIS company that built software to automate the process of creating maps for electric utilities. We created the software entirely in-house, and included everything from field editing, to outage management. Some of the duties I performed included:
* Implemented Server to Server Sql Server replication spanning multiple counties.
* Created GIS Field solution utilizing ESRI Map Objects and Arc Objects.
* Implemented GPS solution for automated tracking and field staking.
* Created Oracle back-end for integration to IVR systems.
* Designed and implemented a documentation management system to associate pictures and files to objects within our mapping solution.
* Created custom controls to allow users to easily manipulate and edit data for our mapping solution.
* Constructed “publishing” and “subscribing” applications to allow our users the capability to easily publish and subscribe data.
* Co-implemented Multispeak 1.1 and 2.2 – XML based solutions to allow generic interfacing with multiple vendors.
* Created web services in C# .NET to easily allow a participating vendor to call functions designed to update customer info and usage data.
* Responsible for all Microsoft SQL Server scripts/database functions.