Director of Development
Spaulding for Children
Supervised direct reports of a non-profit development department with the primary focus of increasing financial support for adoptive and foster care programs through an aggressive grant schedule, annual campaign, fundraising events, marketing initiatives, and individual giving.
- Responsible for managing a development department in charge of raising $746,000 in 2011.
- Increased foundation support by 85% in the first fiscal year through grant writing and research.
- More than doubled the financial support (126% augment) brought in through special events by increasing the scope and scale of each event to properly fit constituent needs.
- Escalated individual giving by 18% in the first fiscal year through strong community relations and an enhanced presence on social media platforms.
- Conducted employee training sessions during quarterly meetings focused on open communication and management techniques.
- Was instrumental in preparing financial reports and budgeting materials for the organization concerning the development department goals.
- Worked closely with the Board of Directors to implement new strategic planning and marketing/branding initiatives.