Administrator and PA to Executive
Chairman's right hand and scribe
- Supporting the SAUPJ chairman to comprehensively fulfill his tasks
- Compiling a monthly column to be included in the SAUPJ newsletter
- Numerous reports compiled on behalf of the chairman for Regional and Executive meetings and Mancom reports with national bodies
- Writing correspondence to deal with queries and conflicts, e.g. issues that arise between the Jewish Board of Education and the Jewish Day schools
- Developing fresh and innovative proposals and presentations
- Building strong networks within various internal units – insure we are involved in the National Religious Leaders Forum of SA and South African Environmental Faith Committee
- Consulting with other Executives, Rabbis and Board of Guardians
- Assisting with the development of new opportunities for the movement.
Running of the SAUPJ office
- Management of SAUPJ office - Working alone (but in conjunction with others) to manage each and every aspect of the office of the SAUPJ which comprises of 10 separate Shuls and their members
- Brand - Improving and alignment of organisation to meet movement's objectives
- Meeting scheduling - responsible for arranging regular Regional and National Executive meetings, co-ordination and furnishing of agendas and minutes
- Publications - Proactive sourcing of content from third party sites and stakeholders to compile content for monthly magazine and other publications. Drafting for various stakeholders their monthly message, editing, layout, proof-reading and electronic distribution
- Financial management - Management of association's expenses and petty cash. Assisting with payments and management of Chairman's personal credit card. Efficient management of expenses within agreed annual budget
Correspondence - Compiling minutes for all meetings, the co-ordiantion thereof and managing actions. With the Chairman not being based at SAUPJ office, correspondence is primararily facilitated through email and dictation
Data Management - Capture, assist in tracing life cycle records, management of external data capture.
Events management and coordinator
- Representing the Movement at various levels nationally, local and internationally both within the Jewish community and beyond, acting on occasion as spokesperson and dealing with matters relating thereto
- Managing a yearly event roster
- Organization of all local and international conferences and events in conjunction with the local community:
- 360° arranging of the Annual SAUPJ conference including managing overseas visitor invitations, their scheduling and travel arrangements
- Coordinating SAUPJ representation at the World Union for Progressive Judaism Biennial Congresses and any other local and international Congresses attended by leading members of the SAUPJ
- Setting up and running countrywide face-to-face meetings, rabbinic retreats, World Union conferences, executive meetings
- Travel arranging for delegates and Executives, scheduling, agendas, circulating reports etc.
- Catering arrangements
- Training Seminars.
- Acting as a resource and support for programs i.e. education, cultural etc. which fall under the SAUPJ
- Liaise with Netzer (youth movement) regarding the various programs held at Jewish Day and other schools
- Gathering of news from SAUPJ congregations and affiliates to be disseminated to the WUPJ and their affiliates
- Dealing with press and other media as appropriate.