A privately held buyer and reseller of used capital equipment. The company has purchased tens of millions of dollars of equipment on a worldwide basis from Intel, IBM, Micron, Fujitsu, TSMC, LSI Logic, Agere, Motorola, Matsushita and numerous leasing companies.
PRESIDENT (2004 to 2008)
Recruited as Managing Director in 1997; advanced to President in 2004. Accomplished this initially by forging a strategic partnership with an Austin-based friendly competitor in the same industry. Proceeded to cement a partnership relationship with an established Tokyo company with extensive
industry international relationships.
* Led the company during 10 successful years generating a 46% gross profit and 30% net income. Consistently managed operational costs and achieved sustained sales and profitability increases since 2002.
* Increased sales 200% and gross margin 81%; reduced costs 19% and increased net income 388% over a three-year period. Achieved this by downsizing and relocating the business, developing strategic partnerships in the US and in Japan, and hiring a high performing sales team.
* Developed global marketing, sales and vendor relationships in the equipment servicing industry throughout the U.S., Europe, and Asia.
MANAGING DIRECTOR (1997 to 2004)
Primarily responsible for sourcing and negotiating the purchase of equipment for resale. Charged with developing partnerships and supplier/vendor relationships.
* Instrumental in the purchasing of equipment and facilitating many of the sales delivering $19M in sales; $11M in gross profit and $9M in profits in year 2000
* Negotiated a purchase of 98 pieces of equipment for $650K and resold for $2.5M during first year of operations
* Led and negotiated the successful buyout of Mustang Management from majority shareholder and positioned asset sale to SSEC; managed the subsequent integration of operations.
* Established many strategic relationships, including exclusive contract to sell Intel's surplus equipment.