Aug 1998 - May 2002
High character and engaging individual with experience in audit and business industries. Willing to travel and seek further industry-specific education and credentials.
- Improved turnover of plant responsibility engagements which led to a decrease in engagement expenses and required resources of approximately 5-15%.
- Due to internal attrition, directed the plant engagement training program and reengineered the related audit program.
- Established and lead a co-sponsored Risk Management and Operational committee that evaluated, recommended, and implemented process improvements to ensure adequate vendor insurance coverage and reduction in unnecessary operational tasks.
- Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors
- Volunteer Organizations - United Way, D.V.I.S.
- Member of the National Eagle Scout Association
- JD Edwards, Oracle, Hyperion, Peoplesoft, Cognos, Audit Leverage, Paisley AutoAudit & Risk Navigator, CCH Teammate, MS Office including Access.
Feb 2008 - Present
Senior Financial Auditor
Responsible for the development, organization and review of audit programs and related testing procedures to ensure efficient and effective assessment of the control environment. Charged with the identification of efficiencies and implementation of internal audit process improvements.
- Conduct and lead consulting and assurance engagements for a large, multi-divisional company within the defined audit plan.
- Lead Auditing Standard No. 5 scoping activities and engagements to assess the strength of internal controls over financial reporting and ensure compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
- Perform ad hoc assignments related to SAS70 reports and third party vendors.
Aug 2007 - Apr 2008
Prata Mortgage Group
Responsible for all mortgage origination activities for this small $48M/yr mortgage firm.
- Originated residential mortgage loans consistently meeting or exceeding sales targets during one of the most difficult periods in the United States economy.
- Assessed client financial data to recommend plans for financial success and loan qualification.
- Performed general marketing activities, including sales presentations and organization of networking opportunities.
Jan 2006 - Jul 2007
Lead the efforts of 2 - 5 Staff Auditors to ensure the timely completion of audit deliverables and communicated results to various levels of management.
- Participated in the development of the annual audit plan and responsible for maintenance and continuous improvement of the operational audit program.
- Responsible for the development and revision of testing procedures for operational, financial and Sarbanes-Oxley engagements.
- Developed and implemented the training program for new employees to ensure consistent and thorough documentation resulting in a high quality, value adding deliverable.
Feb 2004 - Dec 2005
Team member on operational and financial engagements as well as the initial Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance project.
- Assisted management in the documentation, including process narratives and flow charts, for the Accounts Payable, Rent & Concessions, and Inventory processes identifying primary and secondary control activities.
- Performed testing and remediation tracking of internal controls over financial reporting to ensure compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
- Participated in field location audits to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, state and federal regulations as well as accurate revenue reporting.
- Performed due diligence and asset valuation engagements for the acquisition of licensee operations.
Jun 2002 - Jan 2004
Responsible for monitoring and forecasting car rental demand for four major southwest locations and multiple satellite locations to ensure maximum revenue.
- Maintained consistent year over year growth in rate per day despite a post-2001 decrease in demand and oversupply of fleet.
- Coordinated with general managers of corporate locations to achieve a high level of utilization of the car rental fleet through reservation build and fleet management.