Highly competent professional who can be trusted with even the most confidential projects. Excel in turning disorganized environments into smooth-running operations and overhauling administrative processes to improve accuracy and efficiency. Self-starter and quick-learner, who always exceeds expectations.
Sep 2013 - Present
Records Management Coordinator
New Jersey Transit
- Coordinate with all departments to make sure all records are properly stored and destroyed according to the retention schedule.
- Work with software vendor and Information Technology Department for smooth integration of latest upgrade to Records Management Programs.
- Notify employees/departments of potential upcoming litigation for litigation holds.
- Updated quick reference guide for training on accurately filling in records storage transmittal forms.
- Scanned documentation, according to State and Federal Regulations, to import into multiple databases
- Maintained information in multiple databases
- Trained employees on various equipment and software
Dec 2010 - Sep 2013
• Directly manage the department staff and ensures all administrative functions are handled with the highest level of quality and in the most effective and efficient manner possible.
• Plan, prioritize and manage the daily workload and ensures the appropriate and equitable distribution ofwork is maintained in order to meet all required timelines.
• Supports department staff by answering questions and providing direction as needed.
• Assists promptly in resolution of any customer complaints or quality assurance issues.
• Performs clerical duties such as typing, filing, emailing, and proofreading as required.
• Ensures the confidentiality of personal and financial information is protected at all times and inaccordance with regulations.
• Provides insight and direction to upper management on department procedure, product quality andcompliance with all company policies and procedures.
• Participates in the development and implementation of policies and procedures in order to promote andachieve the most efficient operation possible.
• Participate in various educational and or training activities as required.
• Operate an electronic tracking system for files and daily coordination of information.
• Track records life cycle inside and outside the office.
• Scan and index documents into multiple computer databases.
Aug 2009 - Dec 2010
• Consult with escrow companies, lenders, home inspectors, etc to ensure terms and conditions ofpurchase agreements are met before closing dates.
• Interview buyers, sellers or renters to determine their needs.
• Manage all documents for the sale, purchase or renting of real property.
• Coordinate property closings, oversee signing of documents and disbursement of funds.
• Act as intermediary in negotiations between buyers and sellers.
• Run comparisons of similar properties to determine competitive market value.
• Advised clients on market conditions, prices, legal requirements and related matters.
Nov 1998 - Aug 2009
Health Information and Records Manager
Town Medical Associates
• Restructured medical records filing system to reorganize misfiled charts decreasing time looking for lost charts.
• Established and maintained pharmacy and physician database for new medical record system allowing doctors to send prescriptions and other documents directly to pharmacy or doctor’s offices.
This decreased phone calls from various places for misplaced paperwork or unreadable handwriting.
• Implemented documentation system for tracking of outgoing medical records so that anyone whoanswered the phone would be able to quickly locate what stage the requests were in. This decreased time on the phone and allowed people to return to new incoming calls faster.
• Train staff on HIPAA procedures.
• Maintain and update CDC Immunization document library and train staff on how to document in charts.
• Manage access permissions for all employees for electronic medical records software.
• Responsible for maintaining records and databases.
• Provide training for computer systems, information release, confidentiality and security.
• Coordinate release of records in keeping with local, state & federal regulations.
• Organize storage, retrieval and destruction of records.
• Set up daily workflow for the records department.
• Scan and index documents into software databases.
• Input information into the computer system and distribute to correct person/department
• Monitor inventory and order supplies.