Bloomberg is a global, real-time financial data & news service that provides definitive coverage of companies, markets, industries, economies and governments.
In various international roles within Bloomberg, reported on debt capital markets, asset classes, currency markets, and geopolitics. Produced powerful analytical features and news reports, ranging from corporate earnings in the Middle East, currency markets in North America to Pakistan’s political and security challenges.
- Led and developed Bloomberg’s news coverage of fixed-income markets in the Gulf region for a new team launched in 2008. Quickly established trust and relationship with bankers, traders, and analysts who trusted Bloomberg for publishing their stories on corporate finance from the region.
- Led the coverage within the Middle East region to produce content for a daily Islamic Finance Column as part of global efforts to increase Bloomberg’s footprint in the Middle East region.
- Gained extensive experience on crisis communications strategies while working with media managers, PR executives at Dubai’s top companies transitioning through debt restructurings after the sub-prime meltdown.
- Worked with editors and reporters in Asia, Middle East, Europe and North America to produce breaking stories, profiles and features, adhering to strict editorial policy. Reported to managers sitting in overseas headquarters, maintained unquestionable reputation, credibility, and self-accountability.
- Independently reported and produced daily columns and features on Canadian foreign exchange and government bonds, meeting tight deadlines and producing real-time stories.
- Set up Bloomberg’s Islamabad Bureau in a highly challenging and competitive environment, building relationships with the nation’s ministers, politicians, and top executives. Managed a team of two reporters.