Combustion theory: (Individual Project)September 2006 – December 2006
- Chemkin-II (A Fortran Chemical Kinetics Package for the Analysis of Gas-Phase Chemical Kinetics)
- Chemkin was used to understand and solve the complex chemical kinetics problems involved in combustion.
- Detailed kinematic mechanism for hydrogen combustion to investigate the behavior of an adiabaticwell-stirred reactor.
- Vary the residence time between the long-time (equilibrium) and the short time (blowout) limits.
- Numerically integrate the rate equations in time until steady state is reached.
Advance Computational Fluid Dynamics: (Member of a 4-person team)January 2007 – April 2007
- The analysis of pressure distribution over the aerofoil of Quiet Supersonic Jet (QSJ)
- The pressure distribution was obtained using Fluent.
- The post processing results were obtained by using Tec plot.
- The pressure distributions were obtained at four different stations on the aerofoil parallel to the direction of the air flow.
Turbine Engine Propulsion Systems: (Member of 3-Person team). September 2007 - December 2007
- Thermo cycle Performance Analysis (TPA) of Internal Combustion (IC) Engines for Propeller-Driven Micro Air Vehicles (MAV):
- Study about three different miniature internal combustion engines.
- Comparison of cycles and geometry of three different miniature internal combustion engine.
Aero acoustics: (Individual)February 2008 – April 2008
- Study of Combustion noise
- Introduction and Different types of combustion noise
- Experimental data
- Lighthill’s Analogy
- Noise prediction
- Noise reduction