Postgraduate Intern (Software Engineer)
Nanolive SA (Lausanne, Switzerland)
Nanolive is a EPFL startup that develops microscopes that are able to image cells in 3D without the need of chemical staining.
• Internship as part of the NUS Overseas College (Lausanne) programme.
• Backend and cloud infrastructure development.
• Dockerisation of build and test steps for continuous integration (CI).
• Setup MongoDB schema migration on backend.
• Integrated backend and frontend to error reporting and log monitoring services.
• Explored Kubernetes (K8s) as an option of migration from AWS to Azure for the Startup Bizspark Plus programme.
• Explored K8s Cluster Federation as an option for multi-region deployment on Azure.
• Ported React.js frontend into Qt Webengine for integration into Qt-based desktop app.
• Rewired backend dependency injection (DI) with Guice.
• Setup Artifactory repository for in-house caching of dependencies and publishing of snapshots.
• Merged PR to backport fixes to Play Framework 2.5.x.
Technologies used include:
• AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform
• Node.js/NPM for Webpack
• Guice for DI
• Github(Git) for version control
• Teamcity for CI
• Youtrack for issue tracking
• ELK and Sentry.io for logging and error reporting