Apr 2006 - Oct 2008
Senior Software Engineer
Atlassian is a private Australian software company providing innovative enterprise software solutions tothe world's leading organisations. Atlassian has more than 14,900 customers in more than 111 countriesand received many prestigious awards.
- Helped Atlassian to become an Australian success story through the excellence of the development of JIRA - a bug / issue tracking and project management web application. JIRA is a Java EE web application that is built on top of many open source frameworks, some of them developed or contributed to by Atlassian.
- Worked on bug fixes, improvements, new features and plug-ins for JIRA and provided third-level support. Also active blogged for company's developer blog. Whole development team practices extreme programming and test-driven development.
- Developed JIRA Issues Google gadget that integrates personalized Google homepage with JIRA and also developed popular JIRA Issues Bucket and To-Do portlets (JIRA plugin).
- Used IntelliJ IDEA as IDE and learnt few new frameworks on top of which the JIRA is built.
Jan 2005 - Dec 2005
Senior Software Engineer
MSC is the leading provider of IT Governance, project/portfolio management and managed IT services. MSC clients include medium to large financial services firms, telcos and utility companies. The major customers that I worked with are Institutional and Business Services of Commonwealth Bank of Australia and Wattyl. MSC is also an IBM partner.
- Enhanced, supported and successfully rolled out 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4 versions of SmartWeb web application. SmartWeb is an implementation of Financial Services Reform Act 2001. It is widely used at Institutional and Business Services of Commonwealth Bank of Australia. Under the system, a bank dealer or relationship manager talks with a client who may be interested in investing in a particular product, that client’s details are entered into SmartWeb, which then automatically issues a request to HPA to issue the client personalised information about the products discussed. This application was based on Struts, JavaServlets, JSPs, JDBC and Web Services.
- Developed a set of Java Portlets and Portal solutions for internal use at Mercury Solutions Centre (IT governance) and Wattyl (paint and surface coatings).
- MSC being an IBM partner I had access to most of IBM's products and tools that we used in our projects. (See Appendix for Technical Summary.)
- WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Portal Server, and Workplace Services Express for testing and deployment of J2EE web applications and portlets,
- WebSpehere Application Developer 5.x (Eclipse 2.x) for development of SmartWeb.
- Rational Application Developer 6.x (Eclipse 3.x) for J2EE application and portlet development.
- Responsibilities included: business requirements analysis, specifications, application and module design, development and testing.
Oct 2001 - Nov 2004
Senior Software Engineer
SoftGen Australia is the sole distributor for Borland Australia and it also provides consulting services to partners and clients such as Toyota, Allianz, NEC, Link Telecommunications, Cordell Building Information Services, Permail, Medisoft, Tenix, Mannesmann.
- Designed and developed Tickit – Enterprise Risk and Compliance Management System, a J2EE application from its version 3.0 to 4.1. Tickit also won a Finalist of 2003 Consensus Software Awards. Current version of Tickit is used by enterprise organisations such as Toyota, Merrill-Lynch, Allianz, RACWA, Suncorp Metway, Orix.
- Tickit is a J2EE application with distributed architecture built to scale to the requirements of large corporate IT structures. It was developed applying extreme programming principles and feature-driven development. The development was also test driven, where we started implementation of use cases by writing JUnit and Cactus test cases first. We focused on quality control and quality assurance from early development stages and successfully applied automated processes and continuous integration to deliver a quality product that fully meets user and business requirements. Apache Ant was used to create scripts to automate the build process, application deployment and system back-up processes.
- Distribution of Borland products gave me access to a range of tools that we used in our projects during whole project life-cycle. (See Appendix for Technical Summary.)
- CaliberRM for change requests and requirements management,
- StarTeam for version control system and change management,
- eTrack for tasks and issues tracking and reporting,
- JBuilder for development and integration, OptimizeIt for application performance tuning,
- MS Project for estimation and scheduling.
- Responsibilities included: management of change requests, business requirements analysis, specifications, design, development and testing; and also project planning and scheduling.
Jan 2000 - Aug 2001
3D3.com Pty. Ltd. is a small company of 20 people developing and selling “do-it-yourself e-commerce solution for non-programmers”, ShopFactory. The product is being sold in 55 countries worldwide, available in 13 languages and creates shops in 38 languages and with the ability to view items in user selected currencies.
- Managed, supervised and trained the team of four junior programmers developing the Internet components of ShopFactory 5.
- Created complete solution for the structure and functionality of e-commerce shop generation and integration with application part of ShopFactory 5.
- Responsibilities included: project management, software analysis, design, development, project scheduling and system integration.
- Enhanced ShopFactory version 4 with 3D add-ons (3D Products Add-on, 3D3 Worlds Add-on), integrated different 3D technologies with ShopFactory, developed Java Applets for various purposes.
- These 3D enhancements of otherwise 2D ShopFactory increased sales and made this product unique on the market.
Mar 1999 - Dec 1999
Java Center Manager
SWH is part of worldwide Siemens Business Services at that time employing around 350 software specialists in its 3 branches: Energy & Communication Solutions, Mobile & Multi-service Communication and Branch & Business Solutions.
- Established the first Java Centre in Slovakia in co-operation with Sun Microsystems Slovakia. Lectured Java and VRML courses, provided consulting, support and training for projects within and outside of SWH.
- Took a leadership position in the client/server project development area with two years of experience in developing software-based solutions in various environments such as: Java based systems (front-end JavaBeans, Java Foundation Classes (Java Swing), back-end JavaServlet, JSP, JDBC), virtual reality based systems, web content development.
- Responsibilities included: project management, business process re-engineering, database design / administration, customer liaison, proposal development, cost analysis, project scheduling, system integration, installation and training.