Jun 2008 - Present
Oct 2007 - May 2008
i. Delivery of Enterprise Content Management System (eCMS) for brochure and web production through cross-organisational teams (Oct - Dec)
ii. Programme recovery/ delivery and scope management: Customised White label (website) implementation for third party Tour Operator (Dec - May)
- Business case development
- Managing the initiation, specification, design, development, testing and implementation phases of the project
- Preparing and delivering management presentations/workshops
- Status reporting and running various work-stream /programme board weekly status meetings
- Scope and change request management
- Managing/liaising with internal/external development, testing and ops teams
- Crisis, risk and issues resolution
- Managing quality of clients/supplier output in order to meet project deadlines
- Manage the production of all project documentation providing QA throughout project life cycle
- Management of senior stakeholders (locally and internationally)
- Management of and negotiation with multiple suppliers
- Facilitating business change
- Planning and agreeing milestones
- Identifying and clarifying terms of reference and Programme Execution Plan
- Contract and SLA negotiations
- Release and Configuration management
- Skills transfer and hand over to BAU
Jun 2007 - Sep 2007
Programme Management / PMO Manager
Responsibilities: Creating programme management processes and governance for client and implementing process for IT& business change.
- Establishing CRM Programme Management Office.
- Creating and Implementing best practice Governance/frameworks (PMO Handbook) for: Planning, Dependency Management, QA, Stakeholder Management, Financial Management, Risks and Issues, Reporting and Resourcing.
- Supporting the creation of guides for Action Management, Document management, Change Management and Benefits Realisation.
- Collation, evaluation and reporting of weekly status reporting
- Programme planning/milestone tracking, dependency management of cross workstream programme and organisational milestones, risks and issues
- Change control management; risks, issues & assumptions management.
- Building & sustaining quality stakeholder relationships.
- Conforming to structured organisational best practice including management of organisational quality gateways.
May 2007 - May 2007
Web Project Manager
Responsibilities: Completion of web site delivery for third party client.
Jun 2006 - Dec 2006
Development Project Manager
Responsibilities: Delivery of high profile business driven critical technology (application development) project in 6 months instead of 10 months initially expected managing the complete development life cycle with geographically dispersed teams in 5 time zones.
- Project feasibility/Initiation/scoping, delivery of RFI/RFP; creation of PID and delivery of Global Legacy Mainframe - Core Suite application (billing, sales ordering system) including application rationalisation.
- Creation, managementand consolidation of multiple project plans including 3rd party outsourced (India) supplier plans
- Negotiation/agreement of key milestones
- Issues, risk and action log management and resolution as well as managing interdependencies
- Regular management reporting and senior (including Director level) stakeholder relationship management
- Chairing and facilitating team and Steering Board meetings including preparation of presentation material for Board level approval and governance
- Budget management, control and financial reporting
- Managing multidisciplinary matrix teams including offshore 3rd party developers/suppliers.
- Business analysis, systems and user requirements analysis
- Documentation organisation and management via SharePoint
- Compliance with adopted Prince methodology
Aug 2005 - Jun 2006
Technical Project Manager/Programme Management Officer
- Creation, coordination, consolidation and management of project plans including management of interdependencies for telecommunications/broadband Infrastructure / development project
- Change Control via Dimensions, issues and risk management and resolution
- Scheduling and managing multiple 3rd party deliverables
- Regular management reporting, chairing meetings, minute taking and action noting and follow-up
- Budget management, control and financial reporting and management with Excel
- Supporting Programme Manager with PMO responsibilities including project governance, SharePoint administration and management, establishing structures, security, version control and management of 3rd party access
Mar 2005 - May 2005
Business Project Manager/Programme Management Officer
Responsibilities: Reporting to BBC New Media’s Controller of Business Development including mobile applications
- Creation and maintenance of individual and consolidated programme plans and annual business portfolio calendar
- Drafting Requirements Specifications
- Regular Status reporting
- Facilitating key conferences and speaking engagements
- Relationship management: Advising, liaising and resolving issues and risks with senior managers on Programme
- Coaching and supporting Business Managers in project methodologies
- Production of presentation/communication materials for Controller of Business Development
- Facilitating delivery of new business projects and ideas within a rapidly changing management agenda
Apr 2000 - Dec 2003
Project Manager, New Media & Interactive TV
Responsibilities: to lead and manage the successful programme development and deployment of a portfolio of New Media, Broadcast, IT and E-commerce Services through complete life cycle for a number of business areas to CMM level 3 including Web production/content development/redesign for www.skymovies.com; SkyText; delivery of Sky Bet; Email on TV; creation of Widescreen on the Sky platform; creation of Sky 1 Mix; Sky Music Channels,working to Sky’s ICF structured methodology on Development and Infrastructure projects within matrix and linear organisational structures for the full project life cycle
- Development of Vision, Proof of Concept & Business Case
- Delivery of project documentation including Project Initiation Documentation as well as Quality & Communications plans etc
- Definition of Project Scope, Direction & Requirements
- Delivery using Waterfall, Iterative or RAD approaches including management of Initiation, Analysis, Development, System and User Acceptance Testing, Deployment/Release Management and handover
- Definition of Work Breakdown Structures and Configuration Management implementation
- Delivery of updated Content Management System (CMS)
- Financial planning, management and budgetary control under Opex and Capex for multi million pound projects
- Vendor Evaluation, Selection and Project Management of third party onshore and offshore plans
- Resolution/escalation of risks and issues; identification of and management of critical path(s)
- Identifying tasks, dependencies and milestones during project planning and scheduling
- Managing Multi-Disciplinary Teams of up to 50 with skills in Oracle, Magic, Vignette, XML, WML, WTVML, Java, VB, OML (OpenTV Markup Lang.)
- Development & Maintenance of Project/Programme Plans
- Release management, quality assurance and project customer communications
- Development of Functional Specifications and test plans
- Issue/Risk/Dependency Management and Change Control Management & scope containment
- Assisting with negotiation of Commercial & Service Level Agreements
- Chairing Project Review Meetings & Progress Reporting to team and Project board / Steering group
- Facilitation of JAD workshops/ Brainstorming sessions project presentations
- Liaison and compliance with PMO quality standards and peer review including working to achieve CMM accreditation
- Analysis, design and implementation of Sharepoint
Jan 1999 - Mar 2000
Senior Project Manager, IT Infrastructure
Responsibilities: to lead and manage the successful development and deployment of all Infrastructure projects for British Energy by creating and updating PIDs, project plans, Change logs, Issues logs and Risk register; chairing and running weekly project meetings, writing minutes; preparing weekly status reports, providing technical input, management of systems testing and UAT. Project Team Management (15). Working with In-house Application Development teams to ensure smooth project implementation. Delivery of the following:
- NT4 SP4 deployment
- Office 97 SR2 for 4000+ users at 8 British Energy (BE) nuclear waste sites using SMS 1.2.
- Migration from BackupExec to ArcServeIT
- Migration of Dr Solomon’s to Netshield across multiple sites.
- Development of Y2K Business Continuity Plan (BCP) for British Energy
- Disaster Recovery coordination; management of re-location of DR site as well as managing office re-location.
- Introduction of support tools to manage project and staffing resources.
- Travel to nationwide client sites
Sep 1997 - Dec 1998
Project Manager, IT Education
London Borough of Hammersmith& Fulham (LBHF)
Responsibilities: Creation of standard server, workstation and laptop configurations and selection of a single vendor solution; followed by Desktop / Server migration to Windows 95/Office 97 for 36 schools inc. Network installation, configuration of users (using NetWare) and all follow up training; inventory and audit management; implementation of anti virus and backup policies, initiating & developing server & workstation standards.Staff management (4+).Provision of IT, Personnel Management and financial advise to Head Teachers and School Governors.
1991 - Present
Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators
4-Year Post Graduate qualification incorporating the following Key Subjects:
- Information Systems
- Personnel Management
- Business Law
- Financial Accounting
Jan 2000 - Present
University of Life
1986 - 1988
Ordinary National Diploma
Ogun State Polytechnic
The art of Journalism