My role within the marketing department at an international property investment company involves: monitoring lead generation, liaising with third parties such as advertisers, journalists and PR companies, copywriting and proof-reading for marketing collateral and creating email marketing campaigns among other ad-hoc responsibilities.
My main responsibilities can be categorised into four main sectors:
- Maintaining an online presence—Monitoring Knight Knox's online presence on social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+), as well as on online news outlets and on major UK property portals Rightmove and Zoopla
- Lead generation—Utilising the Salesforce CRM system to monitor lead generation and third party email campaigns, reporting my findings back to the Head of Marketing on a monthly basis.
- Email marketing—Creating new and innovative concepts for email marketing as a means of e-commerce, as well as monitoring the performance of existing internal and third party campaigns.
- Copywriting/Proof-reading—Writing and proofing copy both for internal marketing collateral and for external third party use. Internal copy includes writing for the corporate website, email campaigns, brochures, property listings, microsites and internal presentations. External copy includes writing for publishers like NetHousePrices, The Landlord & Buy-to-Let Magazine, and Global Property Scene, an independently-branded buy-to-let magazine.
Achievements at Knight Knox:
- Gained the 'Best Newcomer' Award in December 2014 after 6 months of employment;
- Gained the 'Non-Salesperson of the Month' Award in April 2015;
- Received a promotion from 'Marketing Assistant' to 'Marketing Executive' after 12 months;
- Singlehandedly increased Knight Knox's Twitter followers by over 45% to date since June 2014 (a month-on-month increase of 2.6%) using innovative hashtags like #KnightKnoxNews and #PropertyFactFriday to increase engagement;
- Helped conceptualise, launch and grow Intus Lettings, an independently-branded and operated subsidiary of Knight Knox;
- Independently conceptualised, designed and wrote copy for a series of branded industry guides, including a Buy-to-Let Guide and a Pensions Guide.