Sr. Vice President and Chief Information Officer
Company Profile: World leader in the design, manufacturing and marketing of high-performance, high-bandwidth connectivity solutions for data, voice, video, wireless and presence solutions. 2008 revenue - US$4.2 Billion
- Staffing level at 280 with budget accountability at 1.5% of business plan or 60 million dollars for supporting 15 manufacturing operations and 20 business operations in 18 countries worldwide
- Created and manage the company's first centralized corporate IT group by consolidation of multiple decentralized and business unit centric IT organizations, and by absorbing the IT function from multiple business acquisitions
- Consolidated seven ERP platforms (SAP, J.D. Edwards and MFG/Pro) acquired through business acquisitions into two global SAP business system environments for worldwide business operations in all global regions
- Published comprehensive set of Policies and Procedures as driving foundation for secure, reliable and repeatable IT operations, and appropriate controls for internal and external compliance requirements such as Sarbanes-Oxley, RoHS, and security and risk management
- Accomplished three major business acquisitions as member of core executive acquisition team - $2.6 billion dollar acquisition of Andrew Corporation, $600 million dollar business unit acquisition from Avaya, Inc. and, $2.2 billion dollar business unit acquisition from Lucent Technologies in a form of joint venture
- Transformed business-IT alignment culture through delivery accountability and portfolio ownership by the business that has increased technology adaptation ratio, greater level of business intelligence use and operational visibility for shortened decision cycle and action.