IT Infrastructure Manager
Direct management responsibility for all IT Infrastructure resources and functions for North America. This includes Data Centers operations, 150+ physical and virtual servers, backup systems, local and wide area networks and 500+ desktop systems at 13 North American locations. Currently leading the design and integration of all global infrastructure systems. Manage IT Operations personnel and provide hands-on support for the environment as needed.
Managed the migration of all North America data center infrastructure to an Infrastructure as a Service offering. This included over 150 servers and the deployment of a new backup and disaster recovery system. This resulted in improved performance and capacity, reduced support requirements by internal personnel, and greater protection and security.
Designed global IT Infrastructure to consolidate and integrate multiple Active Directory forests, establish global IT Infrastructure management, and unify eMail systems. Currently leading the project to deploy Office 365 globally which will provide a unified eMail platform, improved communication tools, and standardized application across the enterprise.
- Designed, built out, and migrated over 80 servers from a VMWare 3.x environment to VSphere 4.1 High Availability environment including all new HP servers, Cisco switching environment and HP Lefthand iSCSI storage.
- Reviewed and revised existing Active Directory Forest and Domain design, operation, and security significantly improving both overall security and system performance.
- Designed global IT Infrastructure to consolidate and integrate multiple Active Directory forests, establish global IT Infrastructure management, and unify eMail systems.
- Established policies and procedures for IT Operations group including account and server naming, user account lifecycle management, account auditing, and SOX compliance. Utilized ITIL and Microsoft MOF principles in designing internal operational procedures.
- Designed and deployed upgraded or new systems for Citrix XenApp farms (XenApp 5 and XenApp 6), SharePoint Intranet (2007 to 2010), Exchange eMail (2007 to 2010), Active Directory Domain Controllers and File Servers (2000 and 2003 to 2008), System Center Operations Manager, System Center Configuration Manager, and System Center Service Manager.
- In coordination with the VP of IT, renegotiated datacom contract resulting in over $100,000 per year savings over previous contract.