Electrical Field Engineer
Electrical Field Engineer (GE Energy)Job description: • To provide on-site technical direction to customer-owned utility and industrial power plants.• To provide power generation services including installation, maintenance, and retrofit.Training:• GE Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) core training course.• GE EHS training course (GE Energy Center-Dubai).Work Experience:
Generator protection and control:
- EX2100 42mm digital excitation system commissioning and startup.
- EX2100 77mm digital excitation system commissioning and startup
- GPP generator protection panel commissioning and startup.
- GCP generator control panel commissioning and startup.
- Digital relays testing
Generator inspection and maintenance:
- Generator stator inspection.
- Stator wedge mapping.
- Generator field rewinding.
- Generator field and stator testing(Meggar, Hi-Pot, Winding resistance, AC impedance test, core fault test - EL-CID, Cracks inspection- NDT red penetration test, Wedge cracks, Retaining rings, and fan blades and Retaining ring NDT ultrasonic test).
- Brushless exciter machine inspection and testing.
- Series loop damage repair and caps replacement.
- Collector rings insulation sleeves replacement.
- Generator auxiliaries compartment inspection.