TRANSMISSION PLANNING ENGINEER
- Design and Implement Cost effective Fibre Technologies(SDH, DWDM) for Network Quality and Reliability
- Design and Implement Network Improvement Projects (E.g. Upgrades, Expansions, etc) to ensure availability of Bandwidth Capacity to support demands from Ran Rollout, MPLS and the Business Unit.
- Manage Vendors and Contractors effectively to deliver on assigned Transmission and Synchronization Projects
- Provide Expertise during preparation of BOQs on fibre Systems.
- Design and provide microwave path profile analysis using Google Earth and CONNECT Microwave Planning Tool for the Business Unit to connect enterprise customers to the Vodafone Network.
- Interface MPLS team to provide expert advice and implement solutions that ensure a well-protected and reliable MPLS Network over the optical transmission medium.
- Design and activate interfaces on the Fibre Terminal Equipment to satisfy Enterprise, MPLS and Ran Rollout demands.
- Assist with continuous process improvement on all Transmission network planning activities..
- Design and implement Protection mechanisms (MSP, SNCP, ASON, etc) on the Fibre Network for Network Quality and Reliability.
- Design and implement a Synchronization Network that provides Vodafone Ghana with quality 3G Networks.
- Interface with Core Network and the Business Unit to effectively manage the Digital Circuit Multiplication Equipment.
- Liaise with our International Voice Carriers to Design and Implement Projects that satisfy the needs of the Business Unit in relation to international Voice Transmission.
- Liaise with Vendors to Develop Road Maps to provide Network Solutions
- Convey Complex Technical Information in basic terms when interacting with Internal and External Customers.
- Perform Network Surveys as and when necessary prior to the implementation of a Project.
- Configuration of services of all capacity (i.e.VC12, VC3, VC4, VC4 server trail, VC4-C, VC4-4C, VC4-8C, VC4-16C and EoS services) due to comprehensive knowledge on the SDH and DWDM technologies.
- Troubleshoot network fault to determine the root cause, recommend and apply the appropriate remedy to fix within Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Escalating issues timely to the appropriate Team when it can’t be handled by my Team.
- Provided Optical Fiber design to Rollout an expanded GPON network to provide FTTx capability for Enterprise customers.
- Led a team that successfully setup a new state of the art compression system and engaged all international voice carriers to migrate them unto the new compression equipment, the Veraz I-Gate 4000 Pro & EDGE. This eliminated the high risk of losing approximately GHS 2.5million monthly revenue on international voice services.
- Led a team to complete a 3x2.5G Optical Fiber interconnection into the West African Cable System (WACS). The project has offered the opportunity to add to Vodafone Ghana's fixed data product portfolio, sale of Internet Protocol Leased Circuits(IPLC), provide redundancy for international data capacity which will help grow revenue.
- Led a team to complete a 2.5G Optical Fiber interconnection into the African Coast to Europe (ACE) submarine Cable.
- Supported Completion of redesign of Accra Metro Optical Transmission Network
- Leveraged on existing infrastructure to provide access transmission capacity for over 150 2G sites.
- Supervised Vodafone Ghana 3G synchronization project.
- Implemented Microwave and Fiber Backbone Resilience projects which included interconnecting microwave and fiber ADMs at various Exchanges and Re-engineering of ADMs across the Network to cater for capacity demands.
- Led a team that deployed Automatic Switch Optical Network (ASON) across the fiber Backbone.
- Led a team that upgraded the entire Southern fiber Backbone from 5 GB to 10 GB.
- Led a team to complete DWDM layer within the fiber Network at Takoradi, Ho and Akosombo.
- Supported the Transmission Capacity Management Team to provision capacity to cater for demands from the Business Unit.
- Completed Optical transmission Interconnection Projects between Vodafone and other Operators (MTN, Airtel, Expresso, GLO)
- Led a team that migrated all international services (voice and data) off an obsolete and high risk ALU 1660 access South Atlantic 3 ADM (SAT-3 Submarine Cable) unto the new Accra Metro Network.